Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina View Post
not to hijack, but you aren't supposed to wear underwear?! Why not cotton?
Cotton undies hold on to moisture big time!!! And do that several days a week and your asking for unpleasant effects on the lady bits! There are running clothes, like shorts that are meant to be worn without undies. I just feel weird doing it, but I also wasnt running over like 7 miles. I may feel different as my miles increase.

I spent the past decade doing the treamill and the gym, classed other machines, an hour at most, and these things were never issues. But man you get out there and run some high miles (and like I said, my miles didnt even get that "high" yet) and sh!t starts to hit the fan. Like KindofSortofAthlete said, vaseline is good to keep moisture away from feet. No cotton socks.

And no cotton undies, unless you like fungal rashes! lol

And no heavy cotton clothing. There a way to layer to keep the moisure away from your body. I still considered myself a noob when I got prego so I don't know all the ins and outs. But if you are going to run, read up ion it first. Do not find out the hardway!

Its totally worth it all though (I haven't gotten black toenails yet !) and the ummm gastrointestinal activity stuff after a long run, which I seemed to get after around 5 miles.
Running is such a strong feeling. I didnt realize how much harder I could work and push my body than just the gym. And the weight basically melted off, which was a nice bonus.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 07-18-2013 at 05:27 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #17  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

For the most part I train with socks... But I'll occasionally do runs without socks to toughen up my feet.... and when I do triathlons I don't wear socks... And when I'm just casually wearing old running shoes around I don't wear socks...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #18  

Ha.Ha. definitely with socks. Your feet sweat when you work out, (or at least mine do)--and it wouldn't be but just a couple of days before no one would want to get around me with my work-out shoes on. It would be the equivalent of never washing your work out clothes.

Last edited by Kscott; 07-22-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #19  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Definitely with.

I am a fan of those Injini toe socks in a wicking material. For something short, that's the only sock I'll wear. For a long hike, I use them as my base sock and then a heavier sock over them. The socks rub on each other, but not on your foot.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Without. I have Merrell barefoot shoes and they are made to be worn without socks. They are the best shoes I have ever owned. I had always struggled with finding the right fit and the right kind of support. Not anymore. I use body glide on my feet if I am going to be out for a long time. Otherwise I dont have to use anything.
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote