Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/see ticker!/150

Height: 5'6"

Post The though of me doing Insanity....is Insane.

No I haven't done Insanity, and honestly I kinda don't plan on it.

For one, I'm not made of money, and I don't think I can afford it. Actually I know I can't so that's one of the reasons I haven't really looked into it, or wanted to try it out.

But I have a friend who has it now and He's been doing it. And he really really really wants me to do it with him.

Now the last time I exercised with him I almost died. We went jogging, none stop for like 2 miles. And he told me it wasn't going to be difficult for a beginner. He's a toothpick that came out of the womb jogging :\ .It was a false statement, I though I was going to cough up a lung.

So him telling me this isn't going to be difficult, scares me. Soo I was wondering what you guys think about it since I trust your words before his. (well when it comes to exercises at least)
CannaBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

My two cents worth is anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it. I've been toying around with the idea, but so far, haven't done it...mostly because I HAVE to take it slow due to a medical conditon.

That being said, you CAN run 2 miles... I won't rehash my story here or today, but if I can do it, you can do it. I was darn near dead on August 13th last year. I couldn't even go up two stairs. I was on an oxygen tank. I was told I would NEVER be able to do ANYTHING. Yesterday, I completed a 3 mile run. So, again, if I can do it, you can do it.

Your best support for Insanity is going to be here. Check it out, see what people are saying.

The biggest thing is, let it be something YOU want to do...not what someone else wants you to do. The best exercise out there is the one you WILL do, not the one everyone says you should do.

Good luck!

Last edited by zoesmom; 06-03-2013 at 10:56 AM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/see ticker!/150

Yea, I kinda don't think it's for me really, I'm not into those extreme workouts. But then again I'm getting bored with the routines I'm doing now.
CannaBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

I haven't done Insanity personally, but my friend has been and she says it's tough but she got through it. Maybe do a few days of the 30 day shred to kind of get your body used to that form of exercise. I did the 30 day shred for almost half of it before a surprise vacation popped up, and I never had the motivation to finish when I got home (pathetic, I know). Anyways, you can find the first stage of 30 day shred online for free. I'm not sure if it's on youtube or where, but you can type it in google. Maybe there's even a bit of Insanity online somewhere, I'm not sure.

What I'm trying to get at is, you CAN do it if you have the determination to do so. I NEVER thought I'd get through day one of 30 day shred when I had watched the workout the night prior, but I muscled through, then proceeded to collapse on the floor panting haha. Give it a shot, and tell yourself that you're NOT going to stop. Good luck!
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

I have currently doing insanity.. and i am deff not the most fit person (5'10 at 212 lbs now.. i started at 226.)
yes it KICKS your ***.. and yes you will (because i do) take LOTS of breaks and drinks more water than i ever have in my life (haha)
but truthfully I LOVE IT! i havent done it in a week because i was on vacation at the lake.. and the thing is.. I MISS DOING THE VIDEOS!

I start again tomorrow!

I felt so much more energized everyday and I was more awak and slept better then ever at night.. I lost within 5 days 3 pounds.. those 3 pounds I was trying to lose over 2 weeks (of working out in the gym) and i did insanity for 5 days and BAM those 3 lbs were gone..
so is it alot of money.. **** yes.. but so is a gym or a personal trainer..
but it works.. and if kicks your ***.. and you do no have to do it every day (i dont.. i will do it for 4 days then take a break since i am not very fit i do not want to wear my body out)

Last edited by ajlee33; 06-04-2013 at 10:43 PM.
ajlee33 is offline   Reply With Quote