Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #1  

Default Own workout

So here goes - I have finally decided enough is enough and time to crack on. I put on some weight due to poor health and am still unable to do any cardiovascular work due to trouble when I am out of breath so I have out together a weekly schedule. Any advice from anyone would be great - trying to trim down hips, thighs and stomach mainly but also that annoying back fat that won't budge.

I currently weigh 11st 3 and just started on slimming world. So here is my plan.

Monday-Wednesday-Friday (twice daily -am and pm)
All for 40 seconds with a 20 second break unless stated:

Squats
Touch knees (like mini sit ups)
Bicep curl
Leg lifts (ten on each leg)
Leg lifts from floor (on back)
Twisted crunches
Bicep curl squats
Squat kicks
Straight leg toe touches
Shoulder press
V-sits
Dips
Hip raises (40 seconds on each leg)
Press ups
Front and side raises (1 minute)
Crunches
Arm and leg raises
Scissor kicks
Vacuum (10x10seconds)

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (once daily)

Knee lifts (2 mins)
Side kicks (2 mins)
Kick box jab jab kick kick ( 2 mins)
All kettlebell one minute or until exhaustion.
Kettlebell squat
KB figure of 8 front and back
KB chest press
KB swing
KB bent press
KB dead lift
KB core twist
KB slingshot
Toe taps (1 minute)
Back and hip exercise (5 on each leg)
Plank
Side plank

Will this help me? Anything advice would be brilliant. I would add photos but can't seem to work out how to do that from my mobile.

Thanks in advance.
Jobo0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well fat loss is mostly dependent on what you eat, not what you do. Your routine can possibly burn calories and help build muscle but you'll also need to reduce your caloric intake.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #3  

I understand this.

I have just started on slimming world too.. So a mixture of the two may help with fat loss to then tone?

I was just seeing if this routine may work or I am wasting my time.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #4  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I think that ANY sort of exercise is a good start, and having a "plan" or routine is even better! To be honest- I don't know much about kettle bells other than I know some people love them and some people say they cause injury because too many people dont know how to use them- so make sure you KNOW what you are doing there...

But other thank that I think its a great place to start! Do it for a few weeks and see how you feel- and then after that make sure you change it up a bit (add more weight- do more reps- or change your routine completely)

I agree with nelie about eating being the MOST important for losing weight, but exercise is great for so many other things too-

I dont know if it helps but I have found TONS of youtube videos with workouts all varying in length and difficulty- if you are ever wanting to change things up or bored or dont know what to do I would recommend those.

good luck!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #5  

Height: 5"6

The workout looks great! Fitness is important for being HEALTHY but only if you keep your calories in check as well.

I personally eat 1500 calories a day and workout too. Why don't you start your new workout plan, and see how the first two weeks go? If you don't begin to see changes, we can help you figure out what you need to change/how many calories to eat

Best of luck! Sounds like you've got the right attitude!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #6  

I most definitely am motivated to do it! So I will come back in a few weeks and see what happens. Would love to be more comfortable with myself for the summer and this forum is great.

Feel like I have lots of support already! Thanks!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #7  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

can i ask what is stopping you doing cardio? swimming is fantastic so is walking both of these are cardio (if done properly)

Stick with slimmingworld i've been on it 12 months and lost 5st 7lb
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote