Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Also - not to be whiny - but why the heck does the individual exercise countdown timer freeze during an exercise? I've been staring at "20 seconds left" for what seems like forever. It's definitely adding to the sense this is interminable.

Last edited by my2cats; 01-22-2013 at 07:48 PM.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #17  

Aaaand done with Yoga X.

The first half started to really hurt my wrists, so I stopped doing any of the 'floor' moves (downward dog, vinyasha?, etc).

The second half was better - balance and stretching. I'm seriously considering only doing the second half from now on. I don't want to cheat, but as someone who has carpal tunnel in both wrists, I'm not willing to risk messing with them. I read in some forums you can tape your wrists or put the pressure on your fingers, but pushing down on my palm and fingers didn't seem to help at all... so far now, I'm at least cutting out any wrist moves and maybe the full first half. We'll see how (dis)heartened I am at the prospect of doing the whole thing again next week.

Victory: I was a pro at Tree. And Corpse.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #18  
Formerly LittleMoonRabbit

S/C/G: 167/maintenance/120

Height: 5'2"

my2cats - I applaud you. I actually turned off the Yoga video last time and did a different yoga workout instead. About a half hour in I was so sick of sun salutations I could scream, lol. And I like yoga!

I am about a week and a half in... the scale is up. Measurements aren't moving. However, I have noticed better performance. My chest and back workout this week was consistently better over last. I am hoping that I am just retaining water and that eventually things will start improving aesthetically. I know it's early to expect results, but what can I say... I am impatient, haha.

Congrats on all of your hard work so far. Hopefully we can keep each other motivated! You inspired me to try sticking with yoga tomorrow- so thank you!!!
PlayingForKeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #19  

Woohoo! That made me feel good my Yoga pain may have served some purpose.

I'm halfway through Legs & Back - so far so good. It doesn't seem too tough, but if I'm honest my form probably isn't amazing on some of the lunges - I could be going deeper but I start to lose my balance, so I'm going to work on that. (Also with the small space I'm in a fair bit of concentration is taken up with not braining myself when I come up from the lunges.) I like to think my legs may be stronger than expected because of the recent weight loss and being used to carrying around more poundage, but that may be wishful thinking.

The wall squats are tough but good - I can't really lose my balance so my muscles definitely start to fatigue and shake, which sucks but also makes me feel like I'm definitely working it, so I may do a few extras of those till I get better at the lunges.

Also I may at the end do some of the hopping-on-one-foot's-toes-in-a-cross-shape from Plyo which killed my calves earlier this week (again to make up for the shoddy lunges till I get better with my balance / learn these moves a bit).

I don't have a ton of time tonight so just trying to get through it and Ab Ripper so I can get back to work. Also need to shower and make dinner, so it's going to be a tough night - I'm pretty proud that I prioritized this and am getting it done, but am a little worried it's going to come at the expense of sleep which isn't good either! We shall see.

Last edited by my2cats; 01-23-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #20  

Oh and a few more random updates -

I was STARVING today. It wasn't good. I had 2 cups of hot chocolate, a couple graham crackers, and probably 5 or 6 pieces of hard candy. This was after a full lunch that was a good 700-800 calories. I'm taking some low calorie snacks to work tomorrow to give me something else to snack on, but I really wasn't expecting the ridiculous hunger and I just grabbed whatever was at hand.

My weight was down to 175 this morning, which still isn't good, but is way better than the 178 I hit a couple days ago. I'm still really hoping it drops back down to 170 in the next couple weeks. And I'm refusing to update my tracker till it settles a bit more as pushing it all the way back up to 175 is just too depressing.. I'll update it once it's back to 172.

Last edited by my2cats; 01-23-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #21  

Aaand done with Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. I didn't get a ton of sleep last night either so I'm pretty exhausted. Almost just laid on the floor and fell asleep at the end of Ab Ripper lol. Well, onward!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #22  

Whew, ok, I was so exhausted yesterday I fell asleep almost as soon as I got home - decided to swap Kenpo and Rest day. So yesterday was Rest. Today is Kenpo.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #23  

Ok! My goal tonight is Kenpo and possibly Stretch X (I had planned to do it on Rest days, but all I did was sleep yesterday).

I'm 20 minutes into Kenpo, and I kind of love it. I'm super out of breath, but shadowboxing is a lot of fun. :P I'm not sure the kicks will be as great since I only have a tiny space, but so far so good!

I'm thinking about, if I try to do "Doubles", I do Kenpo instead of Cardio X in Phase 2, since I doubt I'll like Cardio X as much as I'm enjoying Kenpo. :P

Last edited by my2cats; 01-25-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #24  

Ok done with Kenpo!

I started Stretch X but after he started in with Yoga, and considering my hatred of Yoga X, I just wasn't up for it. Maybe I'll give it a shot next week on 'rest' day.

Tomorrow, back to Chest & Back!! I made it through one week, woo.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #25  

Really tired... just finished Chest & Back and Ab Ripper, time for sleep
Old 01-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 197//135

Height: 5'1"

good job on sticking with it. just curious why you are posting during the workouts tho? That drops your heart rate. I know that when i did p90x i wouldnt have time to post unless i stopped the video. Stick with it tho!
db1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #27  

Hehe, yes, I can't keep up with the workouts yet. So I pause and post while I'm resting for a bit. I've gotten better though! I only paused Plyo once the second time.

So update - I'm still plowing ahead, but my home internet crapped out. I also missed Sunday's workout because I got stuck at work for an extra 6 hours and didn't get home till after 11, so I just moved all my workouts back a day and kept going. Yesterday was Plyo!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #28  
Formerly LittleMoonRabbit

S/C/G: 167/maintenance/120

Height: 5'2"

Are you seeing any results yet? I am now on the third week and while my measurements haven't changed, I can feel the muscles starting to grow. It's really cool and really weird at the same time. I keep poking my belly, arms, and thighs because I have never felt anything like that before. I was always such a cardio junkie, but so far, this program is making me a strength training believer.

I am sorry you lost internet. That sucks!
PlayingForKeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #29  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

This is totally motivating. I recently moved and had to cancel my gym membership, plus I can't find a new gym near where I live that I can afford and would be willing to go to. I decided to buy p90x. Now once I get it, I am going to come here and log my workouts to keep up the accountability. It will be nice to have someone else doing it too. Keep up the hard work!
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #30  

Thanks guys!!

My internet at home is still out, so my check-ins are a bit hit or miss, but I'm still going strong. I did miss Ab Ripper on Tuesday because I had to do it before work and ran out of time, but I'm thinking about making it up on the Stretch/Rest day.

Yoga was again last night - it wasn't as bad as the first time. Basically I went through all 90 minutes but didn't do any of the downward/upward dog & vinyasas in the first 45 minutes that really hurt my wrists last time. There was still a fair bit to participate in during those 45 minutes, all the warrior poses etc, and I'm not sure if it was just because I was going a little slower so I had time to pay more attention to the pose, practice, or improved flexibility but I hated it a bit less. Still not my favorite (TOO LONG), but, doable.

Also today Im definitely sore in my shoulders and back. After my Chest & Shoulders workout I went and picked up a pair of 15 lb weights because 10 wasn't enough for the bicep exercises.

PlayingForKeeps - I'm not sure! I haven't remeasured yet. I feel like I am noticing changes a bit, but I'm not sure how much is in my head. My weight did FINALLY drop back down to 170.8 this morning (my low was 169.8 before I started), so thank god the 10 pound gain didn't stick. I really felt a bit more flexible and stronger in yoga last night. I also feel like my shoulders feel stronger but I suspect that's mostly in my head since 1.5 weeks isn't really enough time to build muscle! It's a good feeling though.

Also, I noticed for the first time last night that my cheekbones have a tiny tiny bit of definition. Vanishingly subtle, but for the first time I have an oh-so-slight shadow in the middle of my cheeks instead of chubby round cheeks. Kinda crazy. Not anything anyone would notice unless they were 2 inches away fromy my face, but I'll take it!