Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #1  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default First Ever 5k Advice????

tomorrow is my 1st ever 5K....so i was hoping all you amazing runners would give me some advice!!

like maybe what to remember to take!! something you forgot and wished you had taken!!

any help would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks ever so much
Old 09-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Ooh, I wanna know too - I just signed up for my first 5k, too!

Good luck, Rainbow!!!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like your race was today, so I apologize for the late advice!

You don't need to bring anything, assuming that there are water stations. And even then you may not need water since it's a short race. If you are well-hydrated going in (like making sure to drink plenty of water for several days beforehand) then there isn't really a NEED for water. I like one sip about a mile in and then I'm good (more than that and I get a cramp). But when I run at home (treadmill indoors) I don't drink any water during my run.

You do need somewhere to put your car key and your music player/phone if you use one. I have a zip pocket in my running capris that I use for my key, and I put my phone in a ziploc inside my bra. lol

Good luck!
Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Oh! Great thread. My first one is in November, so I wanted to ask an etiquette question. I am running alone, so is it OK to listen to my iPod? I'm concerned because its such a motivator for me and I'm concerned about going it alone.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieH View Post
Oh! Great thread. My first one is in November, so I wanted to ask an etiquette question. I am running alone, so is it OK to listen to my iPod? I'm concerned because its such a motivator for me and I'm concerned about going it alone.
ive seen alot of runners in races listening to their music....i ran in a short part of a marathon this summer and when we registered we had to sign the form that included "no headphones allowed"....the race coordinator said that's a legality because they would be running on the road for safety reasons...but that if you show up and wear headphones, and dont draw attention to it, no one will stop you

i'm assuming it's similar in the race that you are in but perhaps check and/or read the forms when you register
Closed Thread