Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #1  
Swim for your life!

S/C/G: 294/179/154

Height: 5'6"

Default Gym Rut!!!

I am in a gym rut!! I have lost just over 100lbs in 5 months, by working out and eating 1200 calories a day-- I've been doing great at the gym, running for 4 miles, hour on the elliptical ect ect, but the past two week I have been having the hardest time getting myself to do something at the gym!! I'll go, half *** it and then leave... what give? Any advice? I know I should probably up my calories to 1500 and that would help, but I'm not doing that till 180lbs... so any advice other than that??
Bridgettedavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Does your gym have a pool? When I couldn't stand to go to the gym anymore I coaxed myself with the promise of 30 minutes of splashing about after I was done exercising. It made the whole thing seem a little more fun.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Are you weight training? I would get bored too if cardio is all I did... Does your gym have classes? I just re-started going to classes and I love it, the instructor changes the routine every 5 weeks and I don't have to think about anything... I used to do my own routines and got bored with them so I tried this Group Power class and I haven't looked back...

OR you could take a week off and just be careful with your food and then you will be happy to get back into the swing of the gym routine... I do this once in a while, a couple of times per yer... your body may just be tired and is telling you, by making you not want to workout, that it's time for a break...

Hope this helps...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote