Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 263/262/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
I'm really really uncomfortable with "shoulds" in relation to how other people work out.

Some folks on some days want to go more intense. Some folks on some days want to go less intense. ALL folks on ALL days should MYOB about other people's workouts that don't affect anyone other than the folks doing the workout.
She was just asking in relation to how she works out. It was a simple question.
Cemommster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #17  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
I'm really really uncomfortable with "shoulds" in relation to how other people work out.

Some folks on some days want to go more intense. Some folks on some days want to go less intense. ALL folks on ALL days should MYOB about other people's workouts that don't affect anyone other than the folks doing the workout.
I didn't get the impression from OP that she was being judgemental of other people, just questioning her own self which was brought on by others.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #18  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Cemommster & LockItUp: Thanks. You're both right; I had no intention for my question to sound like I was being nosy and honestly don't see how it could be interpreted that way. I only asked the question in relation to my own workout. I wasn't trying to make it sound like "Oh, I MUST be working SO much harder than THOSE people!"

This is one of those times when I kind of wish I'd never posted in the first place, because it always seems like there's someone who'll read something into an innocent question that simply is not there.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

When I am doing "intense cardio", I sing whatever song is playing at the time. It lets me know that 1, Im ok. 2, if i cant sing the whole verse without taking a "good breath" that im doing it right
but I couldnt hold a conversation while doing that. a choppy sentence or a badly sung, offkey verse, but not a lucid, comfortable conversation.
As long as youre not hurting yourself and you are keeping hydrated and breathing while you work, youre fine.
lots of people go to the gym and treat it like social hour. they work up "barely sweats" and catch up on gossip. before we do our weight lifting, my coworker and i will talk during our warm up, but we are usually huffing and puffing during.
to each her own
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote