Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Default No exercise for 6 weeks :(((

As some of you might have seen in another section, I have excess skin removal surgery scheduled for 4/18. I am excited and it will make a HUGE difference in my quality of life.

BUT - no exercise for 6 weeks! This is causing me so much anxiety! I'm worried about losing strength, losing my running ability and gaining weight!! For the last 6 months I have worked out every single day and most days 2x per day!

Someone calm me down!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #2  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I completely understand the anxiety and frustration, but try to relax - it will all be ok. I had to take about 8 weeks off from exercise this summer due to an emergency abdominal surgery, and I, too, was worried that I'd lose all the gains I'd made over the previous 6 months. I did feel a little weaker when I returned to the strength training, and for a few weeks I was moving more slowly on the treadmill due to lingering pain and swelling, but I returned to "normal" in regards to exercise more quickly than I expected. After my surgery it was extremely frustrating being in so much pain and moving around so slowly for a few weeks, and I was so anxious to get back to the gym once I began feeling a little better, but looking back ~8 months later that period seems like just a blip in time.

You're going to be fine. Good luck with the surgery, and I can't wait to hear how it all goes!!!
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Time will pass and you will return to your exercise routine more dedicated and confident than you have ever been. Having your self image boosted by having the surgery will inspire you to look for more improvements from your routine. You will be fine-just make sure you eat well and stay on plan! Best of luck! Even if you do gain some weight, you will have a loss from the excess skin removal to start out anyway! You've come too far to let a little bit of time get in your way.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #4  
Warrior Princess

You'll be fine! Look at it this way, the excess skin removal will take even more pounds off the scale. Besides that I am utterly speechless about your 205p weightloss!! WOW!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:23 AM   #5  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

I see you have 2 boxers (so do I) just caring for them is a bit of exercise I think you will be find, just keep logging in here to keep your mind in the right direction. We can support you through this! Hang in there.

Also, I read your blog, congratulations!! You are a total inspiration!
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/160/150

Height: 6ft

Excess skin makes me heave,so it will be all worth it.
Brummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow! Firstly congrats on your 205lb weight loss - a fantastic achievement and you should be very proud of yourself!

I can only echo what others have said - stay on plan and you'll be fine - your strength will come back a lot more quickly than the time it took to build up in the first place. And think of the post-surgery benefits. You'll look and feel fantastic!
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Thanks everyone! I am such an all or nothing thinker. I feel like I'll be starting at square one even though I know that won't be true. I also tend to think things like if I gain weight it will be in 50 pound clumps!

I'll find out Thursday but I think the doc said that I can walk as much as I want, so that will be good!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote