Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/268/250

Height: 5'3

Default Choosing a Gym.

So in the past 2 years I have been to two different gyms. I was at one, then a gym was built closer to my house. So thinking I would go more often I joined that one. It's nice, except they don't have that many machines...And you have to get there at the right time or they are all taken. And you get bored easily. But the other one thats farther has a lot more to offer. What would you choose...one closer to home or one with more stuff to do? And they are around the same price per month.
PhantomPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #2  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

How far is the one that's farther? Are we talking a 10 minute drive or a 40 minute drive?

And what kind of stuff do you do at the gym? Treadmilll/bike/elliptical? Free weights? Weight machines?
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 325/268/250

Height: 5'3

The one thats farther is about 20 minutes vs 5 minutes to the other one. I usually do bike and weight machines. Used to do elliptical, but the one thats close has that mirror. I don't like watching myself.
PhantomPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #4  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I would choose the one that in my heart I know I'd go to as often as possible.

I recently moved and the new gym is so different from my other gym. It's smaller, the machines are old and don't have tv-screens in them and there is no good guidance. I can't use an electronic key and load it up and just follow it. I don't see my progress. And for me, that was what I loved about the other gym. Get there, do what the key said I had to do, watch some tv and go back home. This figuring everything out myself and so on is not working.

I am cancelling my gym subscription and just bought a few things for at home. The other gym is in another city and I can't go there, so I am just gonna make do with home stuff. Since I barely go once a week to the new one, where I went atleast 3 to 5 times a week at the old one.

So, pick the one you KNOW you will go to. And I mean FEEL-KNOW. Not rationally thinking you know. Because it doesn't work that way. Hihi.

Goodluck!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote