Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 02:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/225/199

Height: 5'7"

Question AirWalker/Glider/Gazelle/Others, Comparison

I have been looking at the Airwalker/gliders on ebay for the past
week and getting more confused so
am turning to the wonderful folks on
this list for some input.

Am thinking about the Gazelle (middle
of the line model) but does the it
justify the extra cost over other machines.

I have read some posts that I found in the archives (thank you)
anybody else have or use a glider....

Anybody own a gazelle by Tony Little, Aerofiit, Wezlo Air Strider, XL glider or Life gear air walker by Brenda Dygraff.

Please tell me how you like it, approx. what you paid for it ........as the commercial says I don't wannna pay
too much......but don't want to get
something that I am not happy with
either...
thank you for replying, Novie
Old 01-22-2003, 11:18 PM   #2  

Hi Novie---I have the gazelle. I bought it at a dept store for $200.00. I used it for awhile when I got it, but I got bored with it. I went on to walk away the pounds and got bored with that too. So I guess I get bored if I don't alternate. I'm back with the gazelle--going away in a few weeks-and needed to get into shape as we'll be walking alot. Its good for the joints--no stress on them and that I like. And you can watch TV while you're doing it. Hope this helps--and goodluck figuring out what to buy. That's always the hard part. BTW sometimes I see it in KMart on sale so see if they have it before you buy from tv or online. The shipping charges will kill your pocketbook!!! TTYL--Janel
Old 01-23-2003, 01:35 PM   #3  

I have a Gazelle that I bought at K-Mart last March for $99.00. It's the basic model...it has the one window electronics, but does not have the resistance shocks or the built in heart rate monitor. I've found that I get bored with it if I do it more than twice a week, so I use aerobics and pilates for variety. You can also go the webpage www.fitnessquest.com and order Tony's personal trainer tapes to go along with the Gazelle for about $15. One of my friends had an extra one and gave it to me but I didn't really like it...I'd rather watch TV!
Old 01-23-2003, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/225/199

Daretobeu and Nicolee,
Thank you both for your input........... Our local Kmart closed last year and living in the boon docks here
there are not many places to buy locally so I took the plunge and bought a gazelle today off ebay, Its the Gazelle Freestyle
Platinum.... for $182.50 plus $30 shipping.....Advertised as like new
condition.....and I liked that it is already
assembled......Can't wait to get it and get started on it....... It has a video tape with it also so will see if that is enough......I am hoping it is as quiet as they advertise
as that is one of the drawbacks of the treadmilll, it is so dang noisy......
Again, thank you....novie
Old 01-28-2003, 03:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Novie: If you want to get in shape at home you might want to check into some VHS/DVD workouts. I have a treadmill & find that I can stay motivated & stick to my exercise program if I alternate the treadmill & workout DVDs. By alternating you are also working more muscles & not letting your muscles get used to a particular workout. Some DVDs (that I'm sure are also availalbe on VHS if you don't have a DVD player) I absolutely love are:

Kathy Smith's Kickboxing (w/ Kieth Cook)

Mina Lessings' Optimizer: Balanced Blend (2 great workouts on one DVD - Fat Eliminator and Strength & Grace)

Tamilee Webb's I Want That Body (3 great workouts - I want those Abs, I want those Buns & I want those Arms!)

These workouts & a whole lot more are available thru Amazon.com

Good Luck!

Old 01-29-2003, 10:29 AM   #6  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default Striders, etc...

Hello.

I have a Weslo Air Strider that I really love!!! I've had it for several years and it shows no wear. If I had to give up one piece of exercise equipment, the treadmill would be gone in an instant!!! I do 1200 strides in 20 minutes which is really moving for me. No stress or impact on joints, either.

If you searched the archives, you have probably seen my posts about the Weslo Air Strider so I won't go on and on. I hope you enjoy your new toy!
Closed Thread