Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:54 AM   #1  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Default I dress sexy when I workout!

Oh yes I just said that! This past week I've been dressing fun and sexy when I workout. I just feel so much better, I'm happier and I give my everyting in the workout. Dress your pants up with fun legwarmers, wear a pretty shirt and smile! It really makes working out more fun oooh yes and pretend you're a superstar dancing on your world tour! Hahaha crazy you say? Big imagination? I just say, I have goals and I will do anything to reach them.
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 124/124/105

)) Sounds great melodymist!

will try that !
happygirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Yeah Baby!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #4  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

LOL, I do the same thing. If I am running on the treadmill I put on my sports bra, a tiny tank over it, and short shorts. I would not wear this in public because I don't have that kind of confidence (yet!), but dressing like that in my own house hopping away on the treadmill just makes me feel saucy!!

Last edited by Emme; 08-10-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

I think my work out clothes are super cute. They have cute patterns and I feel better
just by putting them on. Feeling cute during the work out *does* make it so much more fun.

Last edited by KellyAF; 08-10-2011 at 10:51 AM.
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #6  

I agree, cute workout clothes definitely inspire me to want to workout. I mean, who wants to look frumpy and unkempt when they exercise?!?
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/133

Heh heh, I certainly don't...unfortunately I got told that from the waist down I looked like a boy. New jogging shorts. :P -sigh-
Amadeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #8  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
LOL, I do the same thing. If I am running on the treadmill I put on my sports bra, a tiny tank over it, and short shorts. I would not wear this in public because I don't have that kind of confidence (yet!), but dressing like that in my own house hopping away on the treadmill just makes me feel saucy!!
Hahaha I totally agree! No one sees us rocking and shaking our bits
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Hey, anything you need to stay motivated and keep getting to the gym regularly.

But I do have to mention a woman in my spin class a couple weeks ago. She'd never done a spin class before. She had on low-cut sweat pants. Well, as the class progressed, the pants kept sliding down further & further & further. Until there was considerable butt cleavage. And she obviously didn't want that much of her assets on display, cause she kept having to reach back -- during some pretty frenetic sprints -- and yank them back up. I was in great suspense myself over whether she'd win this one, or whether the pants would win this one.

But there was someone else absolutely riveted by her wardrobe malfunction, and that was a big weightlfiting guy who often takes the spin class. He was also positioned directly behind her. And his face was priceless. He simply could not take his eyes off her butt & the falling pants. I don't think he blinked even once. I think someone could have told him to get off the bike, evacuate the gym, because it was on fire, and he wouldn't have heard them. I'm amazed that he was able to keep peddling or hear the instructor's cues. When the class was over, though, he kept to himself & ducked right out. Did not bother to meet the girl's eyes or speak with her.

As for her, I don't think she got as good a workout as she would have if she'd been able to forget about her clothes for more than five minutes at a time.

So ... yeah, dress to make yourself feel good at the gym ... but try to stay inside your clothes. Or at least try to keep certain body parts inside your clothes.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

I wouldn't say I dress sexy exactly, but I do try to wear reasonably attractive, form-fitting clothes when I exercise. It's just a lot more motivating than wearing baggy grubby things. I find it a lot more functional, too - it's just harder to run in a five-sizes-too-big t-shirt than in a nice form-fitting tank top. (although, as saef mentioned, you can go too far the other way, too...)
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #11  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

melody - Girl, you crack me up! I see more and more similarities as I get to know you, LOL!!!!! Last week I got tired of wearing the stuff that was too big, and treated myself to 2 new workout outfits They are cutesy, fun colors, and make me feel good while I am *I would say kickin' butt, but we know how that can get interpretted, LMBO!!!* exercising
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #12  
A runner wanna be.

Height: 5'1

Shopping for working out clothes is the best part of working out! LOL
lili58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

GREAT story, Saef! hahahahaha! That happened to me a few weeks ago, but only because I made the mistake of wearing yoga pants from my fat days! haha!

I finally bought all kinds of cute workout wear, then I started taking hip hop classes. Baggy, frumpy and unkempt IS the cool thing to wear. Sigh. :-)
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 249.4/247.4/140

Height: 5'6"

I already feel grubby enough when I'm sweating so it is very encouraging to me to get some nice workout clothes!
Mama Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/185/150

Height: 5'7"

i usually wear more form fitting pants but just an old tshirt on top. i have some cuter workout clothes but i'm too embarassed to have everyone see everything shaking when i'm working out. lol. some funny stories so i'll share a tip. please guys do not wear short shorts to the gym with no underwear! enough said! had quite the experience a few weeks back.
mandy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote