Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Sports bra suggestions?

I just realized yesterday that I've never actually owned a sports bra. *L* I know that if I'm going to start jogging/running, I'm going to need one (and really, I should have had one before now, because even though I'm not fully into jogging/running yet, I still walk at a fast enough clip that by the time I come back home I'm sweating like you would not believe.)

The thing is, though, I'm what stores euphemistically call "full-figured" in the chest area (40D). I have a feeling I'll have a **** of a time trying to find one that's A) comfortable) and B) effective. I'd like to get a racerback one if I can. Plus, my shopping options here are limited; it's a small town and the only major store we have here is Wal-Mart. Bah.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which type of sports bra would be good for power walking/jogging/running? I'd really appreciate any tips.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/135

Height: 5' 3.5"

I am a 36D and I have been fine with the C9 by Champion bras I get at Target. They make a high impact, a compression, and a regular sports bra. All are under 20$ and they come in really fun colors too.

If you need more support these are supposed to be among the best out there:

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Sports-...efault,sc.html
H82Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

I am also 40D. I like Moving Comfort bras. They have a tool on their website to choose the right model for your size and needs (high/med/low impact)
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/139/135

Height: 5'4

Snoofie Oh, girl, I know what you mean! I'm a 38DD. I even have a hard time finding bras at Victoria's Secret for cripes sake!

One bra that I had a really good experience with (before moving up to a DD - unfortunately, they only go up to D cup) was a Danskin Now bra from Walmart. It really held the girls inside the bra through my workout routine, which included 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and 45-60 minutes weight training. It's also supportive... Heck, I couldn't even tell I was wearing a sports bra instead of a regular bra. Plus, it's only $11.94!

Once I grew out of that bra, I went to some really crappy bras that provide hardly any support. I layer two of them, and they still suck. I've got a killer workout plan for August, so I've promised myself that if I make it through I'll invest in a nice supportive Nike bra ($20-$50, ouch!).
KatieC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #5  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieC87 View Post
Snoofie Oh, girl, I know what you mean! I'm a 38DD. I even have a hard time finding bras at Victoria's Secret for cripes sake!

One bra that I had a really good experience with (before moving up to a DD - unfortunately, they only go up to D cup) was a Danskin Now bra from Walmart. It really held the girls inside the bra through my workout routine, which included 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and 45-60 minutes weight training. It's also supportive... Heck, I couldn't even tell I was wearing a sports bra instead of a regular bra. Plus, it's only $11.94!

Once I grew out of that bra, I went to some really crappy bras that provide hardly any support. I layer two of them, and they still suck. I've got a killer workout plan for August, so I've promised myself that if I make it through I'll invest in a nice supportive Nike bra ($20-$50, ouch!).
Oooh, I'll have to go to WalMart tomorrow and see if I can find one of those. I really don't want to have to spend, like, fifty bucks on a bra if I don't have to....I just spent over $150 replacing all my bras that got too big.

Thanks for the tip!
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #6  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I'm a 40D and I bought mine from Kohls. It's by Lillyette and has both a wire and mesh inserts. LOVE IT!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #7  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Not sure if you will like it but I have a Wonderbra (high impact) one from Walmart. When you go there, you might want to check that one out too.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #8  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Target Champion for low impact like yoga.

Lunaire for medium to high
http://www.titlenine.com/product/318901.do?kwd=lunaire

Enell for very high.
http://www.titlenine.com/product/313801.do?kwd=enell

I'm a 42D if it helps. I've liked Moving Comfort in the past also but it doesn't always run to 42D.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-31-2011 at 10:01 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Quote:
Originally Posted by H82Sweat View Post
I am a 36D and I have been fine with the C9 by Champion bras I get at Target. They make a high impact, a compression, and a regular sports bra. All are under 20$ and they come in really fun colors too.

If you need more support these are supposed to be among the best out there:

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Sports-...efault,sc.html
They don't ship to Canada... I discovered this after I found one I wanted

OP: LuluLemon often carries some pretty good ones and should carry your size - can be a tad pricey though.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote