Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #1  

Height: 4' 11"

Default trying to tone up!

ok so normally I do about 45 minutes on the treadmill everyday(I havnt been to the gym in about a week because I had a heart procedure done) so I really need some toning tips for the stomach area mostly. thanks for the help!
Heather Lee 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Are you looking for exercises for the stomach area particularly? Or other pieces of cardio that target the stomach area?

For me, I find the best way to tone my stomach is a stepping machine/stair master. I'm not sure if that's necessarily what you wanted but it seems to work the best for me... crunches/sit ups and other "ab exercises" don't seem to do a lot for me.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #3  

Height: 4' 11"

im willing to try anything. my main focus is weight loss and toning my stomach area. my legs have always been toned and my arms are ok but my stomach...not so much lol
Heather Lee 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

You're lucky to have the toned legs, that's my trouble spot.

I do also have an ab circle machine, I don't know if it actually works, but I pretend it does, haha. I do break a sweat doing it (of course you have to do it for like 20-30 minutes, not the 3 minutes that's advertised) but it's reeeeally painful on the knees. My sister and I both use it (her more so) and she has great abs and that's really the only "exercise" she does.

I don't know if I would invest in it though (not that it's that expensive, maybe $125ish) until you try it. But I managed to use the first one I bought for about a week and was still able to return it (the timer thingy wasn't working on it, but the lady at the store didn't even check it) and get a different one. So I'm sure you could try it out and return it if you didn't like it.

You could also try side leg lifts... those work your sides more than your front though. These things work for me, but I've read and heard that they don't work for a lot of other people. Couldn't hurt to try though!
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

On Youtube there is a girl that does POP pilates. I believe there are some ab videos that she's got. She's pretty awesome!
Also, doing some planks will help you as well. Whenever I do planks or a pilates video I feel it in my abs for a couple days! Hope that helps!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:22 PM   #6  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

**You are only going to be able to 'tone' your tummy by losing fat from your tummy and you won't lose fat on your tummy by doing ab exercises. It's good to build up your core strength and do weight training generally, but specifically doing ab work won't 'tone' your stomach unless you have no fat there.
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote