Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #1  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

Default sore lower abs???

two days ago i was doing planks and push ups with my husband as fun (hes ex army) and then last night my lower abs and legs started KILLING me! i tried advil and icy hot and that didnt really help. so i finally went to sleep. well today when i woke up, my lower abs are still hurting and so do the sides near my hips and under my rib cage. whats going on? i only did the workout for not even 5 mins. could it be something else???
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

It's nothing else, I don't think other than the workout you did...Way to go on doing the plank and push ups, they are great core exercises!

You should be better in a couple of days... Keep doing them and as you get used to these exercises they will not give you such soreness...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

I'm assuming that you don't do planks very often b/c you mentioned soreness. That's just your body's way of dealing with the new exercise. I used to be very sore as well when I first started doing them but not anymore. Keep at it and the soreness will dissipate. They really tighten your midsection like crazy.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote