Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 06:27 PM   #1  

Question Treadmill's

I was wondering if anyone owns a treadmill. My parents are looking to purchase one,and My husband and I are thinking about it as well. We are all curious if there is anything in specific that we should look for. Any help greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-10-2003, 08:01 PM   #2  

The treadmills with a wide band (the area that moves that you walk on) are usually easier to use successfully. Also make sure that you put the treadmill someplace where you can entertain yourself while you use it. We have found that in front of a TV with wireless headphones ups our use!

asta
Old 01-10-2003, 08:09 PM   #3  
Big Loser

My advice is get a good one....I had a 200.00 Weslo one and it was rough to walk on. We got rid of it and got a Reebok 5000. It was expensive but well worth the money, We use 10x more than the old one and I agree about putting it where you will be entertained. I have mine on my sun porch with a tv and VCR. I tape a show and walk for an hour while I watch the shoe. Or I hop on it in the morning for 30 minutes while I watch the news!!!!
Old 01-11-2003, 12:14 PM   #4  

I have a Proform and LOVE it.
Things to pay attention to are belt width and length. Some are narrow or short and if they are to short they will not let you get a full stride. Noise level is also something to look into. I really suggest that you do to the store and try them out. Get one that will fold up. Granted they can stil be bulky and hard to move around but being able to fold it up does help. Mine is iFIT.com compatable and I go there all the time and get my workouts. Expect to pay several hundred on a good one. Mine was $700 from Sears. I went to the local Sears and checked it out there but was able to buy it cheeper online and have it delivered.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:44 PM   #5  

Talking Thanks

Thanks to all of you have have given me your suggestions so far. I have them written down for my hubby and I and have passed them on to my parents who went looking this weekend. They still have not purchased one, but then it takes my mom 3 months to find the perfect curtains for her bedroom, so I am thinking this could take 6months. Ha ha ha!!!! We have started looking, but am thinking we will have to wait for tax time to get ours.
Thanks again.
**SMILES**
Closed Thread