Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #1  

Default Swimming! :)

It's summer time now, which means that swimming is absolutely perfect for exercise. Plus it's fun! I love to swim and thought it would be great to start going daily. Do any of you recommend an actual schedule for me to get on while swimming? Like different techniques to do while in the water? Thanks
ThinLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #2  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Well...I LOVE to swim. I'd recommend doing it as much as possible (at least 3 days/week). I usually just swim laps until I get exhausted, then jump in the jacuzzi. Breast stroke works really well for your pecs! In any event...just HAVE FUN and beat the HEAT!

P.S. - I just came out of the pool a minute ago! I LOVE IT!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 06-15-2011 at 06:19 PM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:01 AM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Now that I finally--FINALLY!--have access to a pool, I swim until I prune up. The way I see it, I have 25 years of no swimming at all to make up for, so I will all but live in that pool.

Daily dips sound like a great idea to me, and it's what I've been up to lately. Be sure to use plenty of sunscreen (even if your skin is naturally dark and full of melanin, you still benefit from protection) and enjoy every minute of your swim. The beautiful thing about swimming is that you're getting at least a little bit of a workout just from treading water, so there's no "wrong" way to spend your time in the pool from a health standpoint.

Joyful--let me just add that I am MEGA impressed at your "ticket to the gun show" in your picture there. Girl, you look fantastic!
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:16 AM   #4  
banned

I always become obsessed with swimming whenever I have access to a pool/creek/lake. Swimming is amazing. I would literally swim most of the day, and some of the night. I haven't been in years.

So, enjoy your swimming!
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8

I am a massive fan of swimming! It is the only exercise I can do for the moment (other than cycling), because of my stupid foot.

I do laps (front crawl), normally 100m front crawl and then a 20 second break x 10-20 (depending on how energetic I am). I make a deal with myself to swim at least 1km and then I can move on to breaststroke or just chill.

There are lots of swim workouts around, try googling swim workout beginner or triathlon swim workout.

good luck
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote