Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:09 AM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Need help with reverse (back) planks

I can now hold my regular and side planks for over a minute, plus do a series of progressions. But I cannot get my backside off the ground to do a reverse plank. I think my torso is just too heavy for my arms or shoulder girdle to support. I can do bridges, but it doesn hurt my lower back after awhile. This may just get easier for me to succeed at this after I lose a lot more weight. But if anyone can give me some tips, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by geoblewis; 05-11-2011 at 04:17 AM.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/200

Height: 5'7

I think it will get easier as you lose. I had issues when i was 310 doing them myself but at 275 i have little problem. ease yourself into it dont jump in and hurt yourself
chase1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Thank you for that counsel, @chase! I was starting to get impatient with myself. I can do so much more now than I could do a year ago when I started Pilates, but some things are still elusive. I started doing extra work on my triceps today, with wall push-ups (can't do those properly either). The day I can get my backside off the ground will be a stellar day!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote