Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 02:19 PM   #76  

Well, I got past my slump but not how I would have wanted to. I have been sick with an awful sore throat for the past 3 days. It just kills me to eat anything so I have been surviving on coffee, tea, a can of cream of mushroom soup and scrambled eggs. I have dropped 3 lbs since Thurs. I am gonna call the Dr in the AM cuz I suspect I might have strep throat. I have no fever or signs of a cold. Just this awful sore throat that has me in tears now & then and my ears also ach. I will yawn the they will pop. I don't really feel the pressure till it is released. I have been taking double doses of Motrin and using throat spray along with sucking on hard candies to keep my throat lubricated. I really planned on working out a few extra times this week but not when I am so sick. Keep up the good work everyone and pray I am feeling better soon. I cant' take much more of this.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:38 PM   #77  
Finally Fit!

Oh honey, i feel your pain, huby's been exaclty like you since Thursday. Played nurse wife all weekend. I feel like i 'm getting it now, which sucks, casue i don't wanna miss work. Man, you're so descriptive, I can picture you grabbing your throat every time you swallow. Prayers taht you survive this, and feel better asap!
Old 01-13-2003, 12:37 AM   #78  
Eat Less; Exercise More

May I walk with y'all? It worked for me before...I lost over 40 pounds year before last...then slacked off and gained almost all of it back last year. I can't stand looking so frumpy! I'm back in size 14's after cleaning them out of my closet...I was actually wearing a few size 10's for a couple of months there!

Walking daily, counting calories, drinking lots of water, and more than anything...giving and receiving daily support were very much the keys before. I'm counting on it to work again! I've also joined Curves this time--hopefully to add some strength training and body reshaping to the formula. I absolutely hate aerobics and I always feel so stupid at a regular gym where it looks like everyone knows exactly what to do but me....

Walked a little over an hour tonight! Yay me! Now if only I wasn't so hungry all the time....

Good to be here,
Jane
Old 01-13-2003, 11:33 AM   #79  
Hanging in There

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by justjane
I absolutely hate aerobics and I always feel so stupid at a regular gym where it looks like everyone knows exactly what to do but me....

Good to be here,
Jane

I heard that!

My attempts at aerobics always remind me of a Benny Hill episode in which he's soldier that cannot keep up with the others in a marching drill.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:32 PM   #80  

Talking I'm Back!

Oh my gosh! I have been out of the loop since Christmas Day! Sick, family in town... excuses! I hope that I haven't lost all that I have worked so hard at for the two months prior. Heading back out after work - think I will start back at four miles, hopefully I can do it. I did get a Pilates DVD (beginners) for Christmas... plan on doing that three days a week. I really would like to see results in six or eight weeks... I plan to drink enough water...but, does anyone think that it will require dieting as well? I will watch it... but... diet?? I am not sure I can do four things at the same time... well I see a lot of new people to the board... Welcome!
Old 01-13-2003, 06:03 PM   #81  
Finally Fit!

HI everyone, glad we're gaining steam with the suport. I've also got a pilates dvd, although i'm waiting fro the snow to come, so I can use it. I actually love aerobics, and attend a class mon/wed of each week. finally got back in, after breaking for Christmas. I enjoy the company,a nd the music keep s me excited. just have to learn the routines, which can be frustrating. I've been to that curves gym once, and felt clostrophobic. I've purchased the thigh master, cause my thighs are flabby, even after losing so much weight. So, i'm trying new things. I've not dieted, per se. I've eaten better, but eaten what I want. I'm not aprt of a certain plan, just eat fat free dressings, eat fat free hot fudge sundaes. find whatever i want, but with as little fat as possible, eat lots of veggies.... try to get my water in. but, it's the exervcise that keeps me losing. i'm sure if i dieted, strictly,a nd exercised i'd lose faster,a nd tone up faster too. but i'm stubborn, and i wanna eat and exercise too... it's all on what you wanna do, and how fast you wanna do it.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:50 PM   #82  

Hey I'm here, I've been doing my walking and my weights, but have been very busy lately to report. I have been at this for two weeks and am a little frustrated as the scale hasn't moved. I don't know what to think, of course I am fighting that hypothyroid thing..but at least a lb would be nice. I'm glad to hear you all are doing so well Well I need to get off here..I guess I've hit the bumville road but I won't give up.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:37 PM   #83  
Finally Fit!

Ugh, skipped my walk, actually, was gonna do a pilates dvd, but got wrapped up in a package i'd received... love packages. long day at work, and wishing i'd get a regular schedule again. in time i guess. ate okay, and stayed moving, so that's good for my body. just need to get enough sleep now. used to be, too much, now not enough. i'm a mess sometimes.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:22 PM   #84  
Eat Less; Exercise More

Did anyone walk today? I just finished my 1.4 miles. That's twice around the block. That's all my family will let me walk after dark

What kind of work do you, Svelte? I thought I'd sleep better now that I've started exercising regularly again...but I'm up 2 or 3 times a night. Just can't get comfortable. And don't get me started on the snoring. I'm selfishly looking forward to the next few weeks when my DH will be working straight nights on a turnaround and I won't have to listen to the buzzsaw inches from my head. I do love him, I do, I do

Tricia, never fear...you'll get off the plateau soon! Just keep pluggin' in there... one foot in front of the other ...

Got to go update the journal...

g'night,
Jane
Old 01-15-2003, 03:43 AM   #85  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Jane~~ bravo on getting that walk in. I did my usual route today too which takes me anywhere from 55 min. to an 1hr 5 min. My sister and I take the dog out with us to give him a little exercise and he's like a deterrent to any would-be attackers . He's black lab/rottweiler mix. Not too friendly looking. I'm trying to shoot for 5 days straight this week.
**that's a great picture of you by the way.

Tricia, try drinking as much water as you can hold in a day. I find that this works wonders for me even if I don't exercise as much--lbs kind of "wash away" (oh if only it were that simple!) . You're doing good, just keep at it.

Chris, you're doing great. Just watching what you eat will keep you on the right track even if you don't exercise every single day. Once your life gets into a routine w/work and everything, you'll do better than ever. Go get that goal girlie!

Everyone else still burning up the pavement or treadmills? Hope so. Forward march to a healthier us!
Old 01-15-2003, 07:26 AM   #86  

I have been sick since last Thurs so not doing my walks. I went to the Dr. on Monday and I have strep throat. Started takem meds and now I am feeling better. Hope to get back on track today!
Old 01-15-2003, 09:26 AM   #87  

Good morning, I didn't treadmill today, but I did do my ball video that was fun, very different..but I liked it..I hadn't done that before. I am trying on the water I get about 64 oz. in, but I know I need to drink more as years ago I remember running to pee at least every 2 hours and at present maybe 3 xs a day. so I got room. I did measure though and have lost inches...everywhere but my thighs hum.. Although you'd think my clothes would feel different, but I'll keep on truckin..Speaking of which I must go

163/163/130
WNY- hope you feel better soon..I'll pray for ya..
Have a Great Day guys..I got to run..
Old 01-16-2003, 07:35 PM   #88  

Angry

Hi everyone
I would love to join in and walk/talk with all of you. I am at a current weight of 197 and I am aiming towards 145. Any other diet tips please share. I hope everyone does well and good luck.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:57 PM   #89  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Smileybug. Glad you could join us. I am at about the same weight as you are and am aiming for about the same target goal. Walking is my main source of exercise since it's easy to do and is free. As far as diet, I'm just cutting my calorie intake by watching the fats and sweets...portion control, etc. Nothing to the extreme of low carbing or proteins only. Seems to be working so far since I'm down 23 lbs. Tell us a little about yourself. We're all here to cheer each other on.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:35 AM   #90  
Eat Less; Exercise More

Welcome, Smileybug! I'm also in a very similar boat as you...started out at 185....currently at 182...and my target is 145, too. This worked for me before...counting calories and walking for exercise and drinking plenty of water helped me lose a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, I slacked off of all that and gained almost all of it back. So, here I am again! I'm new here too and I'm looking for new friends to walk with.

I walked tonight...despite the cold! I'm in Louisiana and it's in the 30's tonight..with windchill in the teens right now. The wind was a whippin'! But I managed to log in 1.7 miles in 30 minutes. [pats herself on the back]

So, did you walk today, anyone? Plan a walk tomorrow?

gotta go journal and record my food

g'night,
jane
Closed Thread