Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 11:15 AM   #46  

I am reporting in, I did my treadin for the day, I like getting it over with, wish I could say I enjoyed it, I don't. I do it because WELL I have to I figure with each day it will get easier, but not yet. I like the weight lifting and the stetching and yoga..but I know I need the treading too I went for a time limit which was 30 min origionally, then I liked the sound of 1.75 mile. I'm trying to keep it there. Although, I do weights everyother and I'm begining to think I might go for 1 mile on weight days. I was amazed at the people who where doing the 2 plus miles myself..OMGosh!! I throw in a jog at 4 and a run 5 for 1/4 ea. and ther IS NO WAY I could keep up that pace the whole time I average 3.0 most of the time..well that's all I got time for today..time to face the children..Have a great Day..stay Strong..
Old 01-04-2003, 06:07 PM   #47  
Finally Fit!

Where are you walking? And, sounds like you run? wow... what kid of diet are you on? Are you restricting youself, or are you eating what you want since you're exercising so much?
Old 01-04-2003, 11:53 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 365/217/145

Height: 5'7

I think I may have the dreaded winter blues. Ever since I got this cold I've been feeling down and out. I've been forcing myself to get walking because it always makes me feel better. However the past couple of days I haven't got my body moving, I need to motivate myself and soon!

You all sound like you're off to a great start in 2003, great job! You're getting me all motivated. I average about 3.0 on the treadmill too, I usually stay there until I hit about 2 miles, some days less.
I think tomorrow I'll try driving to a new area to walk and jumpstart myself. Wish me luck!
Old 01-05-2003, 08:49 AM   #49  
Finally Fit!

Good Luck Ruby, yu're odng the right thing, finding something to freshen up your exercise routine. Stay focused girl... it's okay to get the blues. we're all there with ya.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:25 AM   #50  

I am walking on my treadmill, or do you mean my speed?..Believe me that 4 and 5 speed...doesn't last.. I do it just to jazz it up and speed it up.My treadmill shows a 1/4 mile track and when I kick it up it's only half that so 1/8th that I try to do it 3 times a walk. I hopes my motiabolizism will get fooled and jump start. I have cut back on my eatting, and eat off of a small plate, I am buying healthy foods and getting the veggies and fruits I have a hypothyroid, and am desperate to get this weight off, but it will be slow going because of it. However, I am determined..Ruby... Let's go, you can do it and you will feel better once you do...(that is if you are over your cold) You came here so you are almost there..just take it one day at a time, and one minute at a time just get on it tell yourself I can get off of here if I want...after 5 minutes..reevaluate..a little bit at a time Svelte's - it only sounds like a lot really..that's what I keep telling myself No really, I love yoga and the stretching so that doesn't feel like work, the weights well that's so when I stop waving the bottom part of my arm does too..lol..Well until tomorrow..oh I'm taking Sundays off except for my yoga..got to keep the joints oiled ;-)..
Old 01-06-2003, 12:24 AM   #51  
Catwoman

Been walking every day usually for 50mins-1 hour. Don't go that fast because of the dogs, Been getting up early and getting a walk in before the rest of the day, otherwize it gets too hot, or I'm too busy/ lazy whatever. Sets me up for the rest of the day if I walk first up.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:15 AM   #52  

Good Morning, Well it's getting easier, not the work, but the inititive to get up and do it.. I start back to work today and my kids start back to school...I work at the school in the cafeteria.. Makes it difficult to stay away from the foods I don't need..I'm taking my water and , not staying for lunch, I'll just come home to a nice salad..Keeping my eyes on the finish line. Kitty- I would love to live some where warm about right now..we just keep getting snow..and I don't tolerate cold very well..even though I was born and raised here..I lived in NC for a short while and I think I'd like that..not too cold..in the winter..Well I must scoot ..Have a great day..
Old 01-06-2003, 10:25 AM   #53  
Finally Fit!

We're covered in snow here too. What a mess. Slippery as ever. and hard to walk in. I'd love to see Australia,... sounds beautiful.. i watch shows on travel sometimes, and australia looks wonderful. it's all city around here. congestion,. people hurling profanity.. regular yankee anger.

Hoping I can take a walk I'll try to get that walk in, with some good strong boots. I need the exercise cause when the schools close, my aerobics class gets cancelled. You know, i'd volunteer to open up the school, in case the janitors can't make it. that's how determined I am to have it. Ugh!
Old 01-06-2003, 11:05 AM   #54  

That's why I LOVE my treadmill!!! I can walk whenever I want. No worry about what the weather is or what time of day. Don't have to worry about traffic, strangers or dangers!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 01:43 PM   #55  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Chris (svelte chicky)...if I could pack up my treadmill and ship it to you, I would. I have my sister's treadmill in the living room downstairs and mine is just sitting out in the garage collecting dust. These days I just go walking outside in the evening on weekdays and do the mornings on weekends. It helps to have a large, not too friendly looking dog when walking outside though, even if he is kinda rotten.

I feel for you ladies living in the cold parts of the country. I only remember living here in Hawaii--temperature doesn't fluctuate more than 20 degrees up or down at most and it only snows on the mountaintops on the other islands. I really have no excuse not to go out and walk except when it rains hard and is really windy--even that happens only a couple of days at a time and maybe only 2-3 times per year.

How 'bout mall walking? I know some of the malls on the mainland are huge and indoors so you could probably get some major mileage there without worrying too much about weather.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:47 PM   #56  

Quote:

How 'bout mall walking? I know some of the malls on the mainland are huge and indoors so you could probably get some major mileage there without worrying too much about weather.
Or your local school. I just got a notice from my son's school that they are gonna start a walking program. Most malls have the program before stores open but the one at my son's school runs from 6-9PM. They are gonna see what kind of a responce they get and if there are enough parents that want to join but need some form of child care they will contact the Child Development class and see if any kids want to come in to supervise the kids while the parents walk. The CD students would earn credits for working with the younger kids and the parents would probably just have to pay a small fee to accomodate any moneys spent on craft things. I personally think this is a GREAT idea.
Old 01-06-2003, 04:24 PM   #57  
Finally Fit!

Hmmm... good ideas. the mall is a jaunt from my house, but it's worth it, to feel a part of the world again. Maybe me and hubby can go out sometime this week,a nd do the lenght of the mall and back. I just need the motivation. Thing is, about school sponsored stuff, when the schools' close for snow, all activitres from the school, or afiliated with the school gets cancelled. Such as today. I'm angry cause my clas is cancelled and I reall y need it.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:42 AM   #58  

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the board, and wanted to say hello.... I have been walking quite a bit before the holidays... and then I hurt my knee .. but I have started back.... I have am so pumped about walking, that it isn't even funny.... I am going to walk and walk some more...
Just thought I would say hello.. to everyone

HAPPY WALKING!!!!

Heath
Old 01-07-2003, 09:12 AM   #59  

Pooh..I had this all done and I hit a button and I don't know what happened I lost every thing Heath glad you could join us. Svelte's - You must be one determined girl to still want to get out there and walk, when they've closed the schools for snow..I am a big when it comes to getting out in it. Have you thought about a work out tape or and alternative means of exercise when you can't get out? I really like my yoga and I also like kick boxing too. Although I haven't done a lot of the kick boxing lately because I use my tread..but it adds varity and you don't have to get out there when it's yucky out. WNYmom- you must have a really neat school to be doing something like that, out school gets a little confused with the things it already has.. But that is really neat. melekalikimaka- I sooo envy you I'd that would be so nice. Well I must go feed the children have a great day..
Old 01-07-2003, 11:01 AM   #60  
Finally Fit!

Love your emoticons..

I may sound motivated, but I slip and slide myself into depression. I've been feeling funky lately, and trying to change my routine and attitude, to live through the winter blues. Hubby and I made a plan to maybe go to another town, and walk near the water, wit hte dog, if I have no appnts in the mornings. Also, Thinking serously about mall walking. Sounds like fun, being in the crowd,and seeing stuff on sale... new things. Being somewhere, besides home. I do have some workout tapes, but they're VHS, and that's in the bedrom. Not enough room to really jump around like I"d like. The DVD player is in the basement, so I need to just get out erhe,a nd buy myself a nice pilates tape or something.. dvd. I say a lot, but i need to actually do these things. Trying to think of ways to motivate myself, cause my new job is different, scheudle wise. Not used to having all morning free. Makes me sleep in and get depressed. So, changing a few tihngs oughta get me better.
Closed Thread