Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Im doing south beach and exercising..but gaining?

I started South Beach 8 days ago and i lost about 6 pounds so far..without exercising..But i just started going to the gym last night and working out yesterday. Yesterday i did a 40 minute Biggest Loser aerobic exercise program on my wii fit which said i burnt 200 calories..fair enough..i just about died it was so gruelling.. and i also went to the gym yesterday and did 30 minutes on the treadmill, a combo of walk/run ..run 1 minute at 5.3 mph and then 4 minutes of 4.3 mph brisk walking.. for 30 minutes..I burnt 200 calories according to the treadmill. I get on the scale today..and i have stayed the same..Yesterday i ate a total of 1200 calories. Im told according to fit day that im allowed to consume 3000 something calories a day based on my weight age sex height etc..But that in order to lose weight i would have to restrict myself by 967 calories every day in order to lose weight so that by next february i get to my goal..Fine.. that means i eat 2064 calories a day..Yesterday.. i didnt even come close.. I ate 1200 calories and burnt off 400 in my exercising..So just wondering..how come i gained a pound? Today i also worked out for an hour doing a box-fit program and burnt 750 calories in an hour(intense level) ..So i know im burning lots of calories and im not eating as many calories exactly as i need to according to fitday.com..Am i doing something wrong then?

Cause according to the sticky posted about exercise, you shouldnt be gaining weight when you start a program..you should be losing it?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #2  

Eating too little and exercising too much will both cause weight gain. Do the program properly and the losses will come. And don't weigh every day. Once a week is enough.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #3  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Whenever I start exercising, I ALWAYS gain weight. It is most definitely discouraging, but I find that if I stick with it past the initial gain, I start losing again in a week and the result is a much leaner body than if I lose weigh without exercise.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote