Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/136/125

Height: 5'6"

Talking Exercise- It's addictive!

So I've been working out for probably a year and a half now, with a Y-pass I get through my school. The beginning of this school year, there was some mess up and we didn't get our passes for over a month. And I almost went crazy! I never knew how dependent I had become on my exercise! I found it so hard to sleep, and I was going nuts with pent up energy and stress.

It was so funny when I finally got my pass, I couldn't stop grinning the first few minutes while I was on the elliptical, never thought that would happen. So, for those of you having trouble getting started with your exercise plan, I just want to say, it gets better!

(Or am I crazy, and the only one who feels this way?)
kirara982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #2  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

No I totally know what you mean! Especially when I'm starting a new exercise or something like that I can't wait until I get to do it! Like I've started this new program recently and I found myself a couple nights ago laying in bed wanting to get up and do one of the videos! It's like it wouldn't get out of my head until I got up and did it, but I couldn't because partner was asleep too, and it drove me nuts! Same thing again today, I usually don't work out in the morning, but this morning I just couldn't wait to start stepping and lifting! It's weird, but yes it does get addictive. I get a "runner's high" when I run a lot (which is not a lot for me!) or do a very intense exercise, it's the endorphins! It's your body trying to trick you into exercising more because it's good for you
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

It is addictive, and feels great =) I love my Turbo Jam DVD's, and I find them very hard to put down! I would do them 15 times a day if I had the time. Some exercises do bother me of course, but that doesn't mean I don't love my workout time! And I feel awesome afterwards!
Jelbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #4  

Yes I agree I love my workout! Especially if I have a bad day, I feel so much better afterwards.
Remisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #5  
loose cannon

S/C/G: 236/227.8/128

Height: 5'0"

Boy, I wish I felt that way about cardio! I'm doing Stephanie Huckabee's Powerfit Harmony and I just dread cardio days, even though they are only 20 minutes. How long did it take you to feel that way?
ladyveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #6  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

For me it maybe took a good month of steadily exercising and keeping my routine before I started not hating the gym... if I do stop working out for even a couple days, it takes me all my might to push myself to go back to doing it, and I hate it for another month before I'm back in the groove. It's happened to me so many times over the years!

But yeah, I'd say after a month of keeping up with a routine or a schedule of exercising every day (or whatever your schedule is) after a while you start getting the endorphin rush after your workouts and I guess that's when there's a click in your brain that goes OMG I LOVE EXERCISE! at that point. At least that's how it always happened for me hehe
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote