Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #1  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Default Intervals are haaarrrrddddd!!

'nuf said

I incorporated intervals into my jogging/running routine yesterday, and holy cow, I thought I was gonna croak!

Wow. Sadly, I can't wait to do it again!!
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #2  
Apey

S/C/G: 203/167.2/145

Height: 5'6''

What was your routine before? What length intervals did you add? I love interval training!!
Apeyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #3  

I love intervals too! I have numerous downloads on my mp 3 and never get bored. They melt fat much more quickly too than the longer bouts of low intensity cardio I had done in the past.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #4  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

I like intervals... when i go the gym... They make me focus on form.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #5  
A Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeyness View Post
What was your routine before? What length intervals did you add? I love interval training!!
I'm really new to running, and need to set some concrete goals. The longest run I've ever done is 3.7 miles at a slow pace (11.1 min mile). This morning, I did a 2 mile run in 19:26, and while winded, felt pretty good.

For the intervals, I did a 2 mile loop - warmed up for the 1st 1/2 mile at a comfortable pace, then for the next mile, I simply alternated running as hard as I could for a block (running in the suburbs) and then recovering, then I just tried to keep a decent pace for the last 1/2 mile. My heart was RACING when I got home! It was kind of fun to see how fast I could run .

Anyway, the entire reason for the intervals was that I had only a very short time to work out & really wanted to maximize the benefit. I have been reading/seeing info on the benefits of interval training, so I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't do it this morning because my legs were really tired from a Pilates class I did yesterday.

Any suggestions or information you have are most welcome! As I said, I need to start mixing things up & setting new goals. I can tell I'm getting a little bored.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #6  
Alli

S/C/G: 230/195/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanies View Post
I love intervals too! I have numerous downloads on my mp 3 and never get bored. They melt fat much more quickly too than the longer bouts of low intensity cardio I had done in the past.
Jeanies,

What do you mean by "numerous downloads on your mp3" for intervals? I love any workout tools I can find! (and love intervals, when I can get myself to do them!)

I went to this amazing bootcamp (Barry's Bootcamp) a few months back and I loved it. They incorporated a lot of interval training and I felt like it was an amazing workout. But, super expensive. Nothing they did was rocket science--just the ability to push you harder than you thought you could go. So, I've been trying to find a way to push myself that hard at the gym...
abcunnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #7  

Sean O Malley's Cardio Coach
Also google Jeff Galloway or Couch to 5K free downloads if you like jog/walk intervals.
Rapid fat loss Cardio (Amazon 99cents)- I use this one on my exercise bike and walk/jog intervals.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #8  

Itunes has free podcasts for intervals too ...
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #9  
A Work in Progress

I had no idea about all the downloads, but will check them out. Thank you for posting about these, ladies!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #10  
A runner wanna be.

Height: 5'1

Thanks for your post, made look into it. I am fairly new to running and I wan to improve my time on 5K (once I do that, I will move to 8k). So I read that intervals help you with your speed and resistance. I will start working on that tomorrow. Thanks!!!
lili58 is offline   Reply With Quote