Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: ---/---/120

Height: 5'2

Question Wii Fit

I exercise on my Wii fit, occasionally.

I mean I lose weight when I begin dieting, I also exercise, but days when I just can't go to the gym, I resort to my Wii Fit.

I still lose weight.

I'm thinking of switching to the Wii, as sort of a challenge to see if I can lose weight like this.

Have any of you tried it?
JustImagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #2  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I've had the Wii for a little over a month. The best thing about Wii Fit for me is that I will do it on days and times when I probably would do no other exercise. If it gets to be 9:00 at night and I haven't exercised, I'll still use Wii Fit for awhile. I also find that I can while away a good hour or more and hardly even notice using Wii Fit.

So, Wii Fit is helping with my consistency and my duration. I suspect that when I'm ready to bump up intensity, however, I may need a new game or I may need to go back to using some of my DVDs.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #3  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

The Wii Fit Plus is the only formal exercise I get. I do have an active job and I usually walk my dogs for at least a mile each day but otherwise it's just the Fit. I have a 25 minute strength and yoga routine I do about 5 times a week and I also do 20 to 40 minutes of (light) cardio - (step, flying bird one, obstacle course, and running mostly). I am losing weight great on 1500 calories a day and I can tell an improvement with the Wii exercises.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I have both Wii Fit Plus (and the original) and EA Sports Active. I hate the cardio boxing on the Fit and Fit Plus, but I love it on the Sports Active. It's more intense on the Active, and it is compatible with the balance board. I mostly use Fit Plus for power walking (using the running tool), and step aerobics. I also use it occasionally for yoga, when I need to stretch. As I progress in my fitness level I see myself using it less and less, and the Sports Active more often. In fact my end of the year goal is to use Sports Active for my fitness needs (except the yoga).
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I do not like Wii Fit for me. It isn't enough and I hate clicking through screens. My HR never really gets up. I love it for people who are inactive, but if I had to choose between a gym and the Wii Fit, the gym would win in a heart beat. For me there's no comparison. Even if I couldn't go to the gym, I'd prefer running, sprinting (which Wii discourages), work with an exercise ball, biking, etc.

I'm glad you enjoy it though! That's what's really important. Movement is just so important and we all need to do more of it.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201.6/194/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I just got Wii Fit Plus and I really like it so far. I love the yoga, and the weight tracking, etc. Its definitely not a replacement for actual exercise, but its fun and is something to do on off days...
Indiabound is offline   Reply With Quote