UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 AM   #1  

Default Wii Fit and Wii Sports anyone?

My son went to uni this year and left us his Wii. We're all having so much fun with Wii sports (I'm addicted to tennis!) we've decided to get Wii Fit. (Coming tomorrow!) My 14 year old loves doing the running on the demo one in PC World - the kids are really excited about it, and so am I!

Anyone got it and what do you think?
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/242/168

Height: 5ft7

I got my WII and WII fit last Saturday and I'm loving it....my muscles are sore as ****, but I'm on it for at least 30 minutes after work every night.....it's fab. Can't wait till they bring more games out for it. It's a great workout and some things you can do while watching TV (Free-step, will be unlocked depending on how long you spend on the WII). The instructions then come through your remote and you can watch TV....It's great.....
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/238/150

Height: 5ft 7

where did you get your wii fit from?? the only ones i can find are over £100!!
abbe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #4  

game is selling them, but i got mine from ebay.....i think argos is selling them as well for less than £100. The only problem is that they are permanently sold out and u might have to wait a while....
Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #5  

Here's a stock tracker I found.

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/wii-fit-in-stock.asp

Got my from Comet, which is over £100 cos you have to buy in a package with another game - got my kids the Rabbids, too! My little uns want it cos 'it's the first game you can play with your bum'!

Last edited by PhatPhoenix; 01-28-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #6  

excellent, ive just ordered one
Old 01-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

I got my wii fit last week as well. Mine was from Argos as there was no way I was going to spend £100 or more on something with an rrp of £69.

I really love the step games. I'm haven't got the timing right yet but I'm going to keep trying.

The only thing that annoyed me was that when it weighed me it made my mii fat. How depressing is that for anyone who is overweight.
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/232/135

After I had mine for a few months I have noticed that I have stopped using mine...I have been lacking the "umph" to just get on the darn thing and use it....I have fun once I use it, it's just getting started lately that I have fallen down.
txnikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #9  

I did 30 minutes muscle and yoga training yesterday and then 30 minutes free step while watching TV...it's great, just my cats think I've finally lost my last bit of sanity lol.....if I had time in the morning I would do it, but I just can't be bothered getting up earlier just to go on the WII lol....so afternoon it is.

I actually quiet laughed when it made my wiimii fatter....I've already made it quiet chunky, but now it looks like its wearing 10 sweaters lol
Old 01-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #10  

Ooh came this morning and I managed to configure it myself (first time ever - shows you how keen I am!) LOVE the jogging and the yoga. (It says I'm a yoga master already! Which I know I'm not as I learned yoga off DVDs...) I'm rubbish at the skiing - but was fun. I'm wondering how long it keeps unlocking games for! At least my Wii age came out as my real age! My wii sports age is 70 (I'm 47!)
Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 AM   #11  

Hey fellow WII'ers....just wondering how everyone is doing? I'm still going strong, doing it at least 5 times a week. The other days I'm going to bootycamp. Phheeewww unlocked the 10 minute hoolahoop...which near enough kills me everytime I do it lol.....
Old 02-16-2009, 04:14 AM   #12  

Ah still going strong, same as you 5-6 days a week. My first goal was to lose 1lb in the first fortnight and I lost 5lb! (Probably just had the board on a diff part of the carpet). It told me off for going too fast but I'd been gaining weight the week before so go figure!

I like the free jogging and free stepping, and do some yoga every day to warm up then mainly jog or step. My kids play it too - 15 year old also plays nearly every day and he's top of all the leader boards cept the jogging and the yoga and bubble balance which am strangely good at.

We have Wii Sports too but I only ever do the tennis.

Last edited by PhatPhoenix; 02-16-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #13  

LOL, yeh the weight thing on the WII is a bit dodgy when you have a carpet. I know in fact that I have lost about half a stone since I've started it, but on the WII board I keep jojoying up and down lol....It's probably working better when on a hard floor.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #14  

yeah, on the board, i can put on 5lbs overnight, i dont trust it!!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #15  

I stopped weighing myself at all when I had a thirty odd quid pair of them expensive scales (that even tell you body fat %) and realised even on a HARD floor - if I moved them one foot to the left, I'd lose/gain pounds! I was so close to target, only 10lb to lose and that took me over a year - never quite lost it all, so a mysterious 1-2lb gain might represent the wiping out (in my mind) of 6 mths' hard hard work. It was a diet killer, in other words. So I chucked out all the scales - my old cheapp ones and the posh ones.

My floor's thin carpet on solid concrete, but I still don't trust it! I am only doing body tests once a fortnight and will enjoy it if it claims I;ve lost weight and say it's all wrong if it says I've gained!