Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #1  

Default 5:15 a.m. gym class!!

I am SO not a morning person! I used to run but now I am struggling with plantar fasciitis. Until I get that under control, I thought about taking a cycling class at the gym (which I already belong to but never go to.) Problem is, it's practically in the middle of the night. Another time of the day is not good for me because of other commitments.

I know I need to do this. I hope by making it public it will hold me accountable to actually going. I'll let you know!
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

youll grow to love working out that early...give it a couple weeks.....give your body time to adjust!
When you can, try and do any OTHER workouts you do during the week around that time as well... If you just wake up at 5 one day a week to wake up-- well...i bet youll struggle every time.

Wheni am marathon training i wake up as early as 2 30 am to get my runs in before work.....
nowadays the alarm is set for a much more reasonable 3 45..... its all in your perspective. I just goto bed really early and miss out on crappy television shows!

Good luck you
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

It does take awhile to get used to getting up that early. I have to be up at 5am to make it to my 6am class. It's really worth it to me although I spent months struggling. You do have to be consistent and get to bed early. But after a month or so it really does get easier. I am not a morning person either but I've surprised myself with being able to adapt.

The good things about early classes: They tend to be smaller. They tend to be filled with people who are there to workout not chat with their friends. And, before you know it, class is over and you're ready to start your day.

Make the mornings easier on yourself by doing whatever you can to prepare the night before. Get breakfast ready. Fill your water bottle. Pack your bag (if needed). Lay out the workout clothes, shoes, etc the night before. I have my routine down--the coffee maker is even timed to meet me by the time I get down stairs

I wish you well--Enjoy!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote