Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Default Swimming with Music?

Does anyone here swim and listen to music at the same time?

If you do, what do you use?

I started swimming and thought having some tunes would be fun. Seems like the cheapest/best option is to buy a waterproof case and headphones for my ipod. Anyone use something like this? Does it work well? Is it worth it?

Thanks!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I personally haven't tried it. But, a friend of mine has an mp3 player that clips on to her goggles.

I'm interested in what others recommend. How do headphones work under water?
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I recently got my dad a waterproof ipod case. He said the headphones that came with it were horrible. But since he's using it for kayaking, not swimming, he was able to just swap out his regular headphones.

I used to work at a pool and we had 2 people who came in with ipods. One woman had a case with a belt that went around her waist. I have no idea where she got it; I've never seen anything like it in stores. The other person has one that straps around his arm and he has to stop and fix it ALL the time!

I looked for some stuff on amazon a while back and they had this one mp3 player that vibrates the sound into your jaw (supposed to be better sound quality this way because sound is vibrations and water interferes with the headphones). I have no idea how well it really works but it had decent reviews.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

swiMP3 is the one that vibrates, and yes it is supposed to be one of the best. It is just kinda pricey and it doesn't work out of the water.
http://www.finisinc.com/P-130030/Swimp3.1G

This company looks like they make decent cases+headphones for swimming with. From them you are looking around $100 still though but they work in and out of the water. Right now they do have headphones with a free ipod shuffle case and with a 25% off coupon it is only $45 - but shipping to Canada kills it.
https://www.h2oaudio.com/

My boyfriend thinks I am nuts for trying to swim with my ipod. But I did find some "fake" ipod shuffles and I wonder if they would fit in one of those cases, that way if I killed it I am only out like $10...

Last edited by sotypical; 02-25-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

I ended up getting an older SwiMP3 off ebay that works in and out of the water. It is the Finis SwiMP3 Aqua. I tried it at the pool last night, it works pretty good. My right ear works better with it then my left, but overall it was good.

Just wanted to come back and add this incase someone in the future was looking for similar information. There is more on my blog is anyway is really interested.