Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

WSchick: Yes, my "run" is very slow but it is not walking, KWIM? "Run" just means a different gait from walking but you do not (should not?) be sprinting. Run as slowly as you need too so you can do the 60 seconds and you will be amazed how quickly your stamina builds.

When I started, the 60 second jog nearly killed me. Now I can jog at a faster pace and maintain for 30+ minutes! Amazing!!

AngelD: I run on my treadmill but most of the podcasts I have used, as well as the C25K app I use now tells you when you are halfway done so you can then turn around and start making your way back home.

Good luck everyone!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
I'm starting this on Monday and was just wondering where everyone actually does it. Do you go outside or on the treadmill?

If you do it outside how long is your route? I'm probably going to start outside but don't want to end up finishing the session too far from home as I'll probably be a complete wreck!
I don't have a treadmill or a gym membership, so all of my running is outside. Until this week (week 7), I was just running laps around my apartment complex. Not the most scenic running, but I was usually so focus on surviving the running periods that I did really didn't notice that I was passing the same couple of building over and over again. A few years ago when I attempted to start running, I would start out running around just a few blocks several times. That way, I was never too far from my starting point. This past week, I broke out and ran in the housing development next to my apartment complex where I will probably continue to run. It's a nice area, several different routes I can take. I live in an area with a lot of metro parks with great trails, but I have to drive to get to them which makes me more likely to just skip my running. The convience of running in my neighborhood keeps me on track.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:23 AM   #48  

S/C/G: SW 278 / CW 129 / 127

Height: 5'3"

Okay so this evening we went for a walk and I tried my running again and WOW, what a difference running on the level street makes !

We usually walk/run through the desert which is pretty much a rough trail with holes, bushes, hills etc. But tonight we got out a little later so we just went around our neighborhood and WOW it was so much easier running on the level ground, I was able to make it to 60 seconds with no issues. And I thought it would be harder because our air is really bad up here the past couple days because of the Angeles Forest Fire, there is ash and smoke flying around in the air but I had to get out and I actually did good Let's hope the air clears up so I can do it again !

Keep it up gals, Running is addictive !!!!
WSChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #49  

Hey Ladies...I did it...W1D1...yesterday.

It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't fast...I did the 5 min walk, and 3 sets of the run/walk...but it's a start. And I am looking forward to giving it another try tomorrow.
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:34 PM   #50  

WTG!! Keep on moving...one step at a time.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:59 PM   #51  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I'll chime in with how brilliant c25k is I first started in April/May time, but then went on my Summer hols, and when I got back it took me a while to get back into the swing of running. But yesterday evening I went out and did w5d1 (I was somewhere in w6 before) and felt brilliant

I use the podrunner podcasts. I think that's what some call the "nasty techno stuff" Ok, it's perhaps not the best music out there, but it works for me - esp. as I'm rather lazy, certainly too lazy to make my own!

It's also part of my training as I'm doing a 6.5km race in October - not competitively (*snigger*), but just to be able to say that I've done it.

So keep on going - there are tough bits (I remember the first time I ran for 10 minutes straight ) but you feel brilliant after each session!

Oh yes - TAKE IT SLOW!. It's not called Couch to 5k for nothing I'm a real slowcoach compared to the other people on my team for the race. By going slow - even slower than you think you can manage - you're building up a good base of running miles, and most importantly, avoiding injuries like shin splints.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #52  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

W5D3 done. W6D1 here I come!!
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #53  

Way To GO!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #54  

W1D2 yesterday...a bit better than W1D1. I'm going to be in W1 for a little while, but that's ok, at least I am moving.
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #55  

S/C/G: SW 278 / CW 129 / 127

Height: 5'3"

WooHoo ! Great job !
Keep it up !!!

I haven't been able to get outside the last 3 DAYS because of the smoke and ash flying around in the air. I'm hoping today will be better so I can run without breathing in all the ash !
WSChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #56  

I would be interested in hearing some of your 5k times
Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 146.4/146.8/130

Height: 5' 4"

I got into the 3rd week of the program months ago, but had to stop because my work hours got so wonky, and when I'd come home I wouldn't feel like doing it (and I'm NOT a morning person, so trying it in the morning was out of the question). I did like it though and I'm geearing up to try again. I'm convinced there's a runner inside me somewhere, lol.
SugahChick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #58  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Wow. I got an iPhone last week, and had a little fun looking through all the health & fitness apps. One on the C25K caught my eye, and I picked it up, even though it's the first I've heard of it. A few years back I actually found myself feeling the urge to run as I took my daily walks, so sometimes I'd have a short jogging spurt in the middle of them. I think it was the only time in my life where moving my body like that actually felt good (cuz boy, did I ever hate running in gym class)!

I figured that if I give myself a few weeks to walk, I could try out this program. And today I stumble across this thread! I can't tell you how excited I am to read through it. I know I can do this. I think it will be empowering as well. Despite the short time I tried that bit of jogging, I never saw myself as a runner. I wonder . . . will this be the major confidence boost I think it will be?
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #59  
traveller chick

S/C/G: 80/79.5/65 (KG)

Height: 5'6''

hey everyone!! i've been looking forward to start the c25k and finaly i decided to start tomorrow i believe that wont be so hard since i do some intervals exercises every now and than, but most of all i wanna do it to keep some regulary exercise

It will be just a bit hard cuz im still on holidays in Brazil, and im back to germany in 10 days than later to poland... but if we keep things to future we never do it so..

good luck for us all
izzystizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #60  
katiejames

S/C/G: 265/186/165

Height: 5'6

i love the program. i have been doing it for a few weeks total now. i never ever push my body and i make sure i do adequate stretching and weight training too. somedays my left leg burns soo bad that i have to walk more..while other days i can just run and feel great! i have decided that weight loss is no longer my goal. i want to be healthy. bottom line. and whether or not i am a MILF, i still want my body to work at its best at all times
katiejames is offline   Reply With Quote