Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 12:12 PM   #16  

Marvin: Hope you had a nice workout at Curves and a good weekend.

Pamela: Sounds like you are doing well and keeping your weight in control. I gained about 45 pounds when I had my daughter so I know what you mean about having all that to lose. If I remember, I lost about 20 within a few weeks of her birth. Then 10 more came slowly and then the rest took me quite a while to lose. The awful thing is that now I weigh more than I did when I was 9 months pregnant! I didn't like meat much when I was expecting either, and I couldn't stand raw vegetables so I didn't eat many salads. It seemed like my favorite thing was pasta, which probably contributed to the weight!

Well, I have worked out every day since my last post. Friday I walked about 15 or 20 minutes at lunch at work. Not much of a workout but it got me out in the open air for a while. It was too hot to do much more in my work clothes. Then I swam and did water aerobics for an hour in the evening. Saturday I worked out in the pool about 45 minutes. My plan for today is to do some yoga and then work out in the pool again.

Hope everybody has a good week!
Old 06-24-2002, 01:11 AM   #17  

Yeah big weight gain during pregnancy can be scary! I ate soo bad this weekend but it seems like I don't have to excercise as hard to maintain, plus it is ok to gain a little bit, hehe. Chased ds around a farm yesterday. We went out there for a mini music festival. It was so nice. Made me want a farm, hehe.
Then tonight my friend and I traipsed through a graveyard, so that was excercise too. It's supposed to be hot this week, so we'll see what I can do. Housecleaning counts, LOL.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 06-24-2002, 10:33 AM   #18  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Absolutely! Housework definitely counts! And it looks like I'm gonna have my own house to clean very soon! *knock on wood* I'm pretty sure that we're a go for moving the house tomorrow! Yippee! And then it's just a matter of getting everything hooked up, the basement floor poured, the porch built, etc... so hopefully, within a few weeks, I'll be moving in!

I didn't make it to Curves on Friday though, for all my good intentions... it was just sooooo hot out that by the time I could go, the last thing that I wanted to do was make myself sweat any more! I'm trying for today, but it's supposd to be even warmer than Friday, so we'll see....

Old 06-24-2002, 10:18 PM   #19  

I agree - housework counts and sometimes it's a lot of exercise if you are doing something you don't do a lot (like cleaning baseboards and moving furniture to clean behind it).

I didn't do my yoga Sunday like I meant too. It was very hot. I did a little bit of housework in the early afternoon and then I did some swimming. It was so hot that the air felt thick and hard to breathe so I took it easy in the pool in the afternoon and did my laps when the pool got shaded.

This morning I got up about 1/2 hour early and got on the Eliptical trainer for 20 minutes. Tonight I did yoga. We had a thunderstorm and I think it cooled off by about 10 degrees.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:32 AM   #20  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

I have a house! Everything went very smoothly yesterday, and we got through it with a minimum of cracking damage, so I'm very happy... it was a long, and tension-filled day though, and my muscles are screaming today!

So, again it doesn't look like Curves is in the plans for today, but I'm gonna try to do something... maybe go for a bike ride. But, I'm just so happy to finally have my house on site, that nothing else matters!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:26 PM   #21  

Marvin, that's great that your house is on your site now! Even if you don't make it to Curves as much, I am sure you will get a lot of exercise around your house getting things settled. I missed a lot of posts over the months where you probably explained where your house was and things like that. How far did you move your house and what's it like?

Tuesday I did yoga for about 40 minutes and then swam laps in the pool for 20 minutes.

Today my sciatic nerve in my leg was bothering me and my knees. I think I hurt it with one of the yoga poses or maybe I've just been swimming so much. I have mild arthritis in my knees but my right one is worse when I overuse it because of a past car accident. Anyway, tonight I got on the eliptical trainer for 30 minutes. It hurt my sciatic nerve at first but it seemed like the more I did it, it started working itself out. Then I got in the pool for 30 minutes but I did all my swimming just using my arms to give my knees a rest.

Yesterday I weighed and I had lost 3 pounds since last Thursday. then last night I went out to eat with a friend. I thought I did real well because I had a garden burger with mustard and skipped the fries. Of course, we also had a mixed drink that was kind of like a pina colada. This morning my weight was back up 1 1/2 pounds. I was so disappointed. It doesn't seem that bad to gain a pound or two when you've lost 20 but when you've only lost 3 it feels like you have to start all over. Well, I was very careful today so maybe I will see the scale go back down soon. I guess that's the danger of weighing every day but on the other hand, if I don't, I can gain 5 pounds before I know it.

Well, sorry this is so long - I had to vent.

Pamela, I hope you are having a good week.

Last edited by Stamper; 06-26-2002 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:34 AM   #22  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Thanks, Stamper... I feel so great now that the house is there! Now, to get moving on getting it finished up and moving in! What we got is a custom-built ready to move home, which is like a modular, except it's built and moved in one piece. So, it was built just north of the town that I work in, and then moved down to our farm, which is about 35-40 minutes south of the building site. It actually took them about 2 hours to move the house, and then another 4 to set it down on the foundation. Now, we have to finish the plumbing and stuff in the basement, pour the floor in there, put in the septic tank, hook everything up, and build on the porch... should be at least a few weeks, but as soon as the utilities and stuff are in and working, we'll be moving in. It's actually very exciting!

Try not to feel too bad about that gain this morning. LIkely it's mostly water retained because of the alcohol in your drink last night, so make sure to get lots of water in today, and you should see that scale go back down real fast. I'm proud of your movement though! You've got a lot of drive, and I'm glad that you're not using your knee as an "excuse" not to exercise at all... I know exactly how easy that can be... It's great that you're just finding ways around it! Kudos to you!

As for me, this heat is driving me nuts... it's over 30 degrees Celsius here now, and it's muggy... being pregnant makes it that much worse, and I definitely don't want to be moving much at all when I'm feeling that hot! So, I'm just trying to stay hydrated, and eat well, and I don't feel that I'm out of whack with my weight gain so far... whatever it might be. I will get weighed at my dr's appt next week, so I'll be able to tell exactly where I am with that..; last time I was down 3 lbs from my pre-preg weight.
Closed Thread