Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Question Turbo Jam...YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

Hey all...new here. Well, got suckered with the TURBO JAM Maximum informercial and thought I would try it. LOL Never spent $75.00 on a work out system...but you do get a lot with it.

OKAY...been reading a little here. Looks like you all really like it. I want to lose 10 pounds (oh, 15 would be great before May 18th...10 year anniversary-going on a cruise!!!) and I have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but not losing. I am doing the dvd again now on level two. The other time I didn't lose but maybe 2 pounds and the tape measure did move a little to my favor. LOL That's about it. So, I am hoping this system would really show results.

PLEASE...any pro's and con's and your advice, send them my way. Would love to speak with others who are doing the same thing too. What works for you, what doesn't, etc.

Say that I should get it in 5-7 business days but since I ordered it yesterday, I am looking for Wed. of next week since I haven't rec'd a email confirmation with the tracking number. HMM? Still waiting to get an email for the free 30 day trial to the website. Called this morning and customer service said I should be getting an email to let me know what to do, etc. and here it is, almost two hours gone by with nothing. Will give it a little more time then I will call back again. RED FLAG???
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/196/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tammy,
I started doing TurboJam 2 weeks ago and am now on my third week. I haven't lost any weight but I have lost 5 1/2 inches over my total body in that two weeks of time. So if shrinking matters to you more than weight loss I'm sure you will be happy. Though I'm sure that the weight will start dropping soon. I am enjoying it very much.
Hope this helps,
Darlene
darstarr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #3  

Question

darstarr01
Thanks for your reply. Got confirmation that I will have my package by Wed. of next week. Will let you all know how it goes.

What dvd do you do each day? Do you switch back and forth? Do you workout to these everyday or do other things too? Yep, inches matter more. I am doomed to be 130 at 5'1" no matter what. GRR! Oh, well..Tammy is healthy just fluffy.

Which Turbo Jam dvd's are you using? I know, tons of questions. : )

Please and Thanks.
taben07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: S/C/G 229/203/160

Height: 5'10

I have used Turbo Jam and loved it. I fell off the wagon on it but I do not beat myself up about that. I now do Chalene Extreme, but keep going back to my Turbo Jam Ab Jam tape because it ROCKS. I am on my 2nd month of Chalene Extreme and have lost over 7 inches, but my muscle definition is INCREDIBLE, but the ab work out she does on this one is not as good as Turbo Jam.

If you enjoy cardio I think you will really enjoy these tapes, I had some very good results, kept almost all of the 17 pnd I lost on it.
kenari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #5  

Hi Tammy,
I original got my turbo jam in 2006 but couldn't keep myself motivated not because of the workouts just life in general. Now I am in the right frame of mind and am just enjoying how much better I feel as I'm working out and the rest of the day afterwards.
The first week back I did the 20 minute workout 5 days out of the week so that I could get comfortable again working out and that actually pooped me out since it had been so long for me. Second week I did Cardio Party for 5 days out of the 7, and Third week I did Cardio Party 3 days and Turbo Sculpt 2 days. I think for right now I will continue to do both Cardio Party & Turbo Sculpt, I can't tell you how great it feels and how much stronger I've gotten in just that short a period of time. I can tell each time I do it I can give it a little bit more which is Awesome!
It is really cool to actually look forward to my workouts and I'm really looking forward to the new shapely me.
Let me know when you get it.
Darlene
Old 03-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #6  

darstarr01

Just got the package on Monday evening and did my first workout last night. I did the Learn and Burn and the 20 min. cardio. IT IS A BLAST! Chalene is very personable and not a cheesy fitness model that you want to punch because they are so full of themselves. LOL

Only thing is, my lower back is sore today. Is this just because I am getting used to doing new exercises??? Is this a red flag?? HMM? I will try maybe the ab dvd tonight.

Since you have already worked out with these tapes, any suggestions, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is all new to me but I have been working out off and on for 10 years and still struggle with the pear shape and flabby arms. I get discouraged quickly and it is hard for me to stick with a program when you see the scale going up and your jeans getting tighter when this is supposed to go the opposite direction. Granted, could be muscle I am building, TOM, water retention from something salty I ate. I am aware of these things but tell this to this hard-headed Italian that I need to just stay with it and keep on going. GRR! LOL

So, here we go again and trying something new. Have the Firm, Billy Blanks, Jillian 30 day Shred, several others as well at home and just get tooooo bored. Hope this program I purchased changes my attitude and body. I want to lose weight (10-15 pounds) but am happy with inches. Have a 10 year anniversary coming up and we are going on a cruise on May 18th so not much time to get in shape.

I will definitely give this a try. After working out just to the Learn and Burn and the 20 min. last night...IT WAS A LOT OF FUN!
taben07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #7  

Hey Tammy,
Well glad you got it. I think when I originally started my back was a little sore. With all the twists I think a little soreness is to be expected but it should also work on widdling down that waist of mine. Depending on how much I give to my workout somedays I get sore in different areas especially if I really concentrate on the crunches.
I am totally enjoying Cardio Party and look forward to doing it. It is keeping my attention which tends to also get bored easily but like I said I am loving it. Next monday I will be doing my next weigh in and measurements, I let you know how my 1st month went. If you haven't measured yourself I would really recommend it.
Let me know how thing are going. I'm sure by May you will see some results.
Have a great night,
Darlene