Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #31  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I tell myself that if I can dig out my sports bra I can put on the rest of my workout clothes. If I can put on my tennis shoes, I can lace them up. If I can get out the door, then I can get to the gym (or start running). Sometimes, I really have to take it in steps. I've even told myself that if I don't truly want to workout, then I can leave after 10 minutes. That only happened once because I was coming down with a cold

And if all else fails I look at my dog who hasn't been out all day and loves nothing more than trotting beside me. That usually does the trick.

And I just thought of something else. Usually, my dog will lag behind later in the run (which is silly because he's big and energetic and perfectly capable of keeping up. He's stubborn) and I have to give him pep talks, which in turn means I'm giving myself one, which actually makes me keep going. Hmmmm, I'm going to try that on the elliptical next time.... "C'mon girl! You can do it! Pick up the pace!"

Last edited by junebug41; 01-11-2009 at 04:49 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #32  
Ilene the Bean

Today I noticed that I was telling myself "nothing hurts, your breathing is good, keep going, next light might be red you can stop, ooops it's green keep going... nothing hurts, oh it's so nice out, boy that sun is gorgeous, I'm so happy I'm outside... oh, light is green keep going... oh, that song I never noticed what he was saying, interesting.... "

As I read over this, I think I may be going insane .....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #33  
Arilib

S/C/G: 223/129/1??

Height: 5'3"

Just keep swimming... :-D
arilib is offline   Reply With Quote