Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 11:11 PM   #16  

Oh! MarvinTM: I meant to say congratulations on the ground beef switch! I often sneak in lean ground turkey when I can + use the turkey version when the recipe calls for Italian sausage. It's a very sneaky way to eat healthier, and you don't even miss it!

Also meant to post my rotation for next week, in which I'm adding the Kathy Smith Latin Rhythm workout, which is split into two 20 minute workouts, when I have time:
M: Firm Basics Fat-burning + 20 mins Latin Rhythm
T: Firm Basics Sculpting w/Weights + 20 mins Latin Rhythm
W: Firm Basics Fat-burning + 20 mins Latin Rhythm
Th: out at a concert -- try to walk extra 10 blocks in the morning?
F: planned rest -- try to fit in walking?

I'm going to start a new thread on Monday morning, since this one is getting long. How about "Daily Exercise Check-in" since not all of us go to the gym? Maybe I'll come up with something snappier by Monday. Just look for a thread started by me, + I'll put #4 after it so we'll know it's continued from the other threads.

------------------
-copperblu
160/158/130
Old 02-24-2001, 12:05 AM   #17  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

That sounds fabulous! I like the idea of a exercise check-in thread.... maybe we can get more people motivated!

I am feeling great today! I just hope that I can continue my resolve throught the weekend. At least, I want to keep up the water and since, I've done sooo good with fiber too this week, I really want to keep it up!

I know exactly what you mean about the firming up! I can actually feel a big ole muscle forming in both my upper arms! That is definitely new for me! AND I can hold my tummy in much further now, so those ab muscles MUST be getting stonger! Even though the scale doesn't show it, I FEEL THINNER!

I hope that you all have a fantabulous weekend! And I'll see you Monday!

Marvin

------------------
166/162/130
St. Petites Goal - 158
7 Inches Lost So Far!!
Old 02-24-2001, 04:44 AM   #18  
Losing it!

Afternoon all!

I think starting a new thread called "Daily Exercise Check-in" is a great idea. More people may join us.

I didn't get in my morning video workout. But I did a lot of snow shoveling this morning so at least that's something.

Marv Last week I really felt like I was firming up as well, but I haven't done a pure weight workout in over a week. My new little bicep is already shrinking! You guys have inspired me to do upperbody later tonight.

Copperblu,Thanks so much for the BMR link. Guess what my BMR is? Yup, BMR around 1500, too. It seems I am not eating enough calories either. I rarely seem to get 1500 calories anymore. How do people eat a high-fiber diet and have any room in their stomach for more? Way to go on those hover squats...they are a killer aren't they? Have you tried the tall box, yet?...whew!

I haven't come up with my next rotation yet. I went a little crazy on ebay and half.com today picking out some new videos. I plan to make some changes...but when I get it straight I'll post.

Looking forward to the new thread. Any lurkers out there, come on and join us!

------------------
Mony
179/162/135
valentines day goal - 164....yes!
st. patricks day goal - 161

Progress not Perfection

[This message has been edited by Mini Mony (edited 02-23-2001).]
Old 02-27-2001, 05:15 AM   #19  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Okay, Copperblu, where are you????? I waited sooooo patiently for a new thread, but alas....

Anyway, I just HAD to post. I am weighing in this afternoon for the St. Petites and am actually a wee bit optimistic. At the very least, I know that I maintained, so I'm happy. Had a good weekend, and got at least half of my daily water in, which is HUGE progress for me! I ate real well on Saturday, then blew it a little yesterday. Not too bad, just a little high in fat and cals and too low on fiber.

I decided that I'm going to try making a bean and veggie soup to eat for my lunch, as a good way of upping my fiber intake. Know any good basic recipes? I was going to just kind of throw it all in a pot, and voila!

Also, we live on a farm, and for the first time, last night, we ground our own wheat to make both cracked wheat and flour, which I used to make a loaf of really yummy bread in my trusty breadmaker! It is soooo good, and really good for me too! The worst thing happened though... I had the ground wheat in a cake pan sitting on the kitchen table. Hubby and I were in the living room watching the X-Files (!) and my precious little baby kitty (ok - he's 8 months old now, but I handraised him and he'll always be my baby) got up into the pan, and peed! Like it was a litter box! EEEEEEEKKKK! Luckily we didn't have much left in the pan, so it wasn't too bad of a loss! But yuk!

So, now I'm done my novel, and I'll go, so wish me luck.....!

Marvin

------------------
166/162/130
St. Petites Goal - 158
7 Inches Lost So Far!!
Old 02-27-2001, 08:20 PM   #20  
Losing it!

Just checking in to see if the new thread is up yet.

I'll check back later.
Old 02-27-2001, 10:22 PM   #21  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Still no thread.... I would do it myself, but I can't come up with a snappy name!

I just wanted to report that I maintained at 162. I will have my official Curves weigh in and measuring on Wednesday, and will report then as to any losses. I'm hoping that with diligence and maybe upping my activity level, I can lose a little. I know that the scale doesn't REALLY matter, it's the inches that count, and I've never been a real scale watcher, but is just a little drop in pounds too much to ask for?? (sniff)

OK, enough self-pity! I'm having a hard time cutting that extra 200 cals that I want to get rid of. I just still want something more. I know that it's partly just wanting, not needing, but I don't want to deny myself.... I think that if I up my activity it'll come..

Today:
Curves - 1/2 hour
Bowling - 2 hours

Tomorrow:
Curves - 1/2 hour
New Kathy Smith March to Fitness Video - 1/2 hour

Well, there's my plan..

Have a good one!
Marv

------------------
166/162/130
St. Petites Goal - 158
7 Inches Lost So Far!!
Old 02-27-2001, 11:25 PM   #22  

Hi guys -- you sure must be sick of waiting for me! I'm sorry I didn't get the new thread up -- I've been laid low with what feels like a combo of bronchitis + the flu, and basically haven't left my bed for the last 3 days. I'd suggest someone else start the thread at this point, since I can barely be bothered to type, much less exercise. How about "Everyday Exercisers" or something like that?

Anyway, sorry to be a no-show -- I'll check back in in a few days hopefully when I'm feeling better.
Closed Thread