Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 06:35 PM   #46  

Hi Latisia and everyone, How are you doing today. The Tae Bo 2 was a little easier today. Billy Blanks is such a great motivator. Like Latisia I gotta do weights a little later. I think I'm getting a little stronger though. You guys are motivating me to keep at it, though I grumbled thru my walk this morning, poor Bob. But he was walking way too fast for me. Keep up the good work ladies, we can do it. Please keep us informed on your progress. ((In Health)) Judy
Old 05-08-2002, 03:32 PM   #47  

hey Judy, how did you do with your workouts?? I bet you did well, I missed my walk, so imma do my tae bo again, and work it out, now!! WEll how is everyone, u know i pst my results on saturday!! well ttyl
Latisia
Old 05-08-2002, 04:45 PM   #48  
Semi-Newbie Member

Can I join too?!!

I started doing Tae-Bo religiously January 01. I lost 34 lbs in just 3 short months! Then my husband and I seperated, and I lost my motivation.

Now I have started doing it again -- but have moved up to the advanced (was doing basic), because I was getting so bored.

I absolutely LOVE Tae-Bo, and love the way it has made me feel! Only problem, I am SOOO sore today! I worked out Monday, then walked Tuesday (2.5 miles), and today I am going to do Tae-Bo again . I'm hoping my leggs will cooperate!!!

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Huggs,
Old 05-09-2002, 02:07 PM   #49  

Welcome Mandie!! Glad to have ya!! Yeah, tae bo can make you sure , it brings that burn on! SOunds like you are doing well!! WOuld like to hear more from ya too.. Hey are you doing tae bo live, or which one??You really got some results from it huh??Well, hope you keep us posted, and wish you all the best!! I do tae bo 2 basic, and I love it, one day, I will work to advanced!! Keep up the good work, to everyone else, hello!! Hope you are doing well!!

Latisia
Old 05-09-2002, 03:15 PM   #50  

Hi! I picked up tae bo live at the library today and will be trying it tomorrow morning. My boys have gotten tired of doing tae bo junior with me. They are ages 10 & 5. If the live version is too hard for me, I'll just have to keep on doing the junior by myself.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:55 AM   #51  

Hi everyone, Welcome aboard Mandy. Well the Tae Bo 2 is definately getting easier. Yesterday was Tae Bo day today was running. I feel myself coming down with a chest cold, so I probably going to take it easy the rest of the day today, I did do my 2 miles this morning though. I'm not sure of the rule on exercise when one is under the weather, so I did what I was comfortable with. I'm not surprised that your boys got bored with the Tae Bo, it was probably fun for awhile then lost it's appeal. You'll have to let us know how you are doing with the Tae Bo live. You must have a great library, we don't have anything like that in our video section. Keep up the good work everyone, and keep us posted on your progress. Judy
Old 05-10-2002, 01:06 PM   #52  
Semi-Newbie Member

Thanks for the welcomes! The Advanced Tae-Bo that I am doing is just the "old" regular studio version (not live). It is really hard! But -- when we did it again on Wednesday, it was a lot better. I'm not hardly sore anymore. Tonight is our walking night (2.5 miles), and I am looking very forward to it!

Yes, the results I got from it (and doing Weight Watchers) came fast and I felt wonderful about myself. Then, all that happened, and I quit doing both things (eating right and tae-bo). Now being back on (almost a year later) -- I feel GREAT for doing it!!!! I'm hoping that I can tell a difference early again this time...and that the weight comes off just as easy (but it never does).

Have a great weekend -- and I'll update more on Monday!!!
Old 05-10-2002, 06:55 PM   #53  

i have the 2 basic tae bo 2 tapes. i dont really find them all that challenging. i just turned 16 but have been overweight and out of shape all my life. recently i have been working out regularly (weights, cardio, kick boxing) but i would like to start doing the tapes to get my heart rate up when i cant get to the gym. my problem is motavation. my dad kinda jokes around about my weight, and my mom kind of understands because she is also over weight but gives me little support, my sister is about 5'8" and weighs like 120. i feel stupid doing it in front of them, and i am a huge procrastinator so i can never seem to get motivated enough to actually get up and do it.
Old 05-10-2002, 11:10 PM   #54  

Hi Nikathalia,Welcome aboard. That's what we're doing here is to try and give positive support. I understand completely how you feel. My husband can't understand why a person should have to watch their weight, and the only activity that I do that he supports is the walking we do 6 mornings a week. So I do my Tae Bo 3 mornings a week, and my running on the alternate days I don't do Tae Bo,when he's at work. Maybe you should try and get a VCR in your room or something, or exercise when every one else is gone. It's discouraging to have a thin sister. I know all 4 of my daughters are thin. But I guess it's because they keep working at it, of course they've never been big eaters. Anyway you took the right first step, with your kick boxing and other things you do. Hang in there, and a window of opportunity may present itself to you, to do the exercise It's good you don't find the Tae Bo 2 challenging. I guess that proves you are in better shape then you thought. Please keep us posted on your progress, We know you can do this and are here for you. Judy
Old 05-10-2002, 11:14 PM   #55  

Hey everyone, Welcome Nikithalia! I know what you mean about not wanting to workout in front of others< I have the problem with my husband, gotta wait til he is gone. If you dont find the tae bo that you were using challenging, you might need a differnt one, or advanced. Well how much weight are you looking to lose?? Hey we people here, are great motivators!! you can do it!! Just put the E in effort, and give it a try..!!

look forward to hearing more from you Mandy, Just give it your all, and you will see progress!!

Tigerlily,. just go at your own level/pace, and work at it ok!!

Judy, hello. sorry to hear you are under the weather. I say just do what you feel comfortable with, but not too much.. Your body needs that time to heal, and recover, but a little bit of exercise wont hurt. Well, ttyl, I am doing pretty good, OP, will post my weight tomorrow!!

Latisia
Old 05-11-2002, 02:24 PM   #56  

i have a tv and vcr in my room, and if i cleaned up all the crap lying around im sure i would have enough room to do it. i have some extra time on my hands today because im the only one in my group of friends not to go to C's graduation/grad party. graduation ceremonys are boring and the party is in galveston...not the prettiest beach in the world. so i decided to skip the brown water and bordem. i already hit the gym today, i did weights and a cross training course on an elliptical thing. it was pretty good. i guess with the rest of my day i will catch up on homework and go ahead and clean my room. i would like to get the advanced tapes but i dont have a job so i dont really have the money to order them and with all my other workouts i really dont think i would use them enough to ask my parents to buy them for me. i am looking to loose like 35 lb, hopefully by the end of summer (which is right around the corner, only 2 weeks of school left )but if it doesnt happen i will be ok i undersand you gotta give these things time. all of you keep up the great work, you willl be at your goals in no time. but i gotta go, bye.

(-nikki-)
Old 05-13-2002, 10:31 AM   #57  

Hi everyone, I hope you had a good weekend. I finally have my voice back anyway. I have quite a cold going. how is everything going Latisia? Even if you haven't lost any weight, you are doing wonderful things for your metabolism. I admire you Nikki for standing up for yourself and not going to the beach if you didn't want to. Alot of times young people cave in to pressure. It sounds like you are doing alot of things to increase your physical fitness, and that's what weight management is all about. I hope everyone else is doing well, I ran this morning, and am thinking of going to the gym, haven't decided yet. Keep up the good work everyone. Judy
Old 05-13-2002, 01:45 PM   #58  

Default sorry,,

Hey i meant to post my weight loss sorry, my hubby came back , and had alot of things to take care of/issues, but I am op, and feel good physically, Well on Sat , I had lost 2.5 pounds, and I say hurray !! I am grinning, plus i had eaten a very greasy eggrol,thought id try a lil treat but it wasnt so!! Well everyone, hope you all are going well, I do agree that you are doing well,nicky, and so are you Judy!! Sounds great, everyone just try to keep your goals in mind and stay motivated. Got the 8 min tae bo 2 tape gonna give it a try well ttyl!
Old 05-13-2002, 09:19 PM   #59  

hi guys!! man i am sore, yesterday me and my 2 friends went to the park to shoot some hoops and we ended up doing a ton of basketball drills lotsa sprinting and shuffling. then we jogged home. i was supposed to hit the gym today but its already 815, and i gotta do a geometry project. so i think i will just do a tae bo vid or go rollerblading or something. i'll do something. my friend julie and i are also taking up running. we start tommorrow...we are starting pretty small though. im excited. but i gotta go. later
(-nikki-)
Old 05-14-2002, 10:37 PM   #60  

hey everyone, I am op, did my own little weight lifting thing, How was everyone's day?? Hey Nicki, how was your running, it is good to start small , and work your way up! Good choice, looks like you are on a roll! you will have that weight off in no time!! Well ttyl I am going to do a few more crunches and push up, good night to all
Closed Thread