Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 05:27 AM   #1  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

I'm posting this in case anyone wants to join me. I started another 21 Day challenge today. I do the Basic Tae Bo tapes on Monday, Wed, Thursday and Saturday, and the 8 minute tapes on the other days after weight lift or play volleyball.

If anyone is joining me, let me know!

Lisa
Old 02-09-2001, 02:53 AM   #2  
SooperDooperPooperScooper

Hi Lisa...count me in! I am not up to speed yet, but I am ready, willing, and raring to Tae Bo!

I put in the basic tape this morning for the first time and was just getting to the kicks when company came and that was the end of that! Oh well, I was not expecting to be able to do the whole workout my first time out. I will do better next time!

Ynaught
Old 02-09-2001, 08:47 AM   #3  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

I'm so glad I'm not alone on this thread! You did it, and that's what counts! I did my Day 2 today (actually its Day 4) but my challenge started yesterday! I still have to do my yoga though.....

Lisa
Old 02-09-2001, 09:07 AM   #4  

I think I am done whining about the extra kicks and am ready to do this. I am wanting to do 7 x 3 weeks, but feel I may kill myself. I have done 2 days in a row. Perhaps I will alternate with less stressful Tae Boxing and then TaeBo Live Basic.

Anyhoo...count me in. Glad you are doing this again!

Abby
Old 02-09-2001, 11:49 AM   #5  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Welcome aboard! Now Cris (Labmom), where are you? LOL!

Day 2 (or 4) is done! Whoo hoo! I feel sooo great when I do this! I'm gonna be a fitness fanatic when I'm all done! LOL!

Lisa
Old 02-12-2001, 06:07 AM   #6  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Okay gals! Where are ya? Am I doing this all alone?

I completed Day 5 (or 7) today, after playing three and a half hours of volleyball, so I'm pretty pooped out!

How are you doing?

Lisa
Old 02-12-2001, 09:13 AM   #7  

I did 3X this week--so I guess I am doing the 7 weeks @ 3x a week. Also, tomorrow I am changing my exercise routine from p.m. to a.m., and God help me because I am not a morning person. I was working out too late, sleeping like crap, and starting the entire cycle again and again.

Good job, Lisa! Keep up the excellent work. I hope someday I will move up to your level. In the meantime, I will keep this pace up for 6 more weeks!

Abby
Old 02-12-2001, 09:39 PM   #8  

A.M. Tae-Bo....so...very....tired....

Week 2 of 21 DC. Starting strong.

Abby
Old 02-12-2001, 10:18 PM   #9  

Yeah! I made it through the whole Basic Tape! Okay, I didn't do as many of the kicks as Billy and his Hard Body Hunnies did, but I did some of everything! And I am pooped! And sweaty! But I wanted to report in before I hit the shower.

Over the weekend I was pretty sore in my sides from the side bends, but I am sure that with time and practice I will stretch those muscles out and be fine with it.

Also, doing this on my slick hardwood floor is not going work. I have come close to a couple splits that would result in certain fatality or worse for someone in my shape. I think I have pieces of indoor-outdoor carpet in the garage that might just be perfect for exercise purposes.

Ynaught
Old 02-14-2001, 04:52 AM   #10  

Hey there ladies--

Got a low blow today. Told to lay off exercise to heal the hip. Major annoyance. I am still allowed "upper body" workouts, so I will try a modified version of Tae-Bo, maybe, sans the kicking. I am just so frustrated! I was really getting into these a.m. workouts.

Any upper body workouts would be appreciated, and I hope the challenge is going well for you all.--Abby.
Old 02-14-2001, 08:20 PM   #11  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Ynaught - Are you wearing shoes when you work out? Another option would be to purchase an exercise mat - that would help you with traction. And congrats on getting through that Basic for the first time! That is quite an accomplishment. I bet you felt great afterwards!

Abby - I'm sorry to hear about your hip. Please give it sufficient time to heal otherwise you could re-injure it again. You could do all the punching exercises sitting down but the downfall of that is that you lose the cardio part of the work out. Collage (www.collage.com) has some videos called "Sit and Be Fit." These were geared for people with arthritis, heart problems, disabilities, etc. Maybe that would help you? I'm sorry I can't offer more advice.

I'm on Day 8 today (Day 10 if you count the two days I worked out before I actually posted this thread). Feeling pretty good! Its gonna be tough getting in a workout today because I have so much running around to do. But I will do it!

Lisa
Old 02-14-2001, 10:45 PM   #12  

Lisa, I do wear gym shoes, but still manage to slip on my very slick floors. I used a piece of carpet today and it adds cushioning which will save my floor, knees and hopefully keep my knick-knacks from breaking during the tremors!

It was easier today, but I was still grateful that a telemarketer called during the side kicks so I could take a break. I can't believe I would ever hope for one of those pests to call, but I was!

Hope that hip heals quickly, Abby!

Ynaught
Old 02-14-2001, 10:53 PM   #13  

Thanks! I am feeling better today physically. Can't all be bad. I think a week of rest may be the ticket!

Don't trip and fall. Good for you for finding a solution, Y!

Keep up the good work, Lisa!

Abby
Old 02-16-2001, 09:51 PM   #14  

Another session down and I am absolutely sweating. Previously I would just reach a nice, ladylike glisten. But this was a true sweat....not heavy soak-down like Billy and his Hard Body Hunnies, but for couch potato me....this is an achievement. I must be doing something right! Right?

Ynaught
Old 02-16-2001, 11:31 PM   #15  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Way to go, guys! In Oprah's book, "Make the Connection" it says that the more you sweat, the better shape you are in! When I first began Tae Bo, I just barely broke a sweat! Now by the middle of the tape, I'm really sweating and by the end, I'm dripping! Its actually a great feeling!

Today will be my Day 10/12 of Tae Bo! I did my weightlifting this morning and will do a 8 minute tape followed by 30 minutes of yoga this evening!

Keep on kickin!
Closed Thread