3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Getting Motivated, Strong, Hydrated and Healthy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/15162-getting-motivated-strong-hydrated-healthy.html)

t-girl 05-13-2002 01:49 PM

hey everyone!! how was, for all the mommy's here, your day? Well i am op still, and plan to stay that way(esp after that aweful eggroll, lol) thanks everybody for the encouraging words!! i got this new tae bo 2 8 min tape, might make a good warm up to weights.. Wel tty l, and let you know how it is!! take care

1day@atime 05-13-2002 01:56 PM

Good afternoon Ladies

I did not get up this morning & do tae-bo. We had bad storms again last night. Tonight I just have to work harder.

Lauri - Sounds like you had a wonderfuly Mother's Day. I would just love for someone to do my laundry & wash my car..You have got a great sons..

Mooz, T-girl & Semo - Hope your having a great day!

SEMO 05-13-2002 04:21 PM

Hi girls, geez I've missed you all. We're on the count down now and it will soon be over (May 25th) Not only has work been absolutely wild but I've also been trying to tie up loose ends on several things for the kids. Have a hair cut appt tomorrow after work so It won't be too short for the wedding.
I am just eating everything in site and haven't done any exercise to amount to anything. UGH. I did finally get a day off yesterday and ended up cleaning house all day long. The Nashville kids came in yesterday about 5:30 (they had to get their marriage license this morning) and we met our youngest son for dinner out last night.
The only thing that I have lost in the last few weeks has been my motivation. However you guys sound as if you are on top of everything and doing quite well. Yea for you all!!! I'm only slightly jealous..... (can't help it) But you just wait until I get things lined out again......you will marvel at the new me!
Gotta run, huzs and more huzs

mooz49 05-14-2002 11:36 AM

GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!
Can't stop long.The weather is a bit windy and cold here. I am eating OP and I walked 4 miles yesterday. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning. Hope you are all having a good OP day.
Take Care

Anne

What you can

When the challenge first comes along, it looks to be overwhelming. And yet, you know you must get past it, so you do what you can.
Day after day, you do what you can, when you can, as well as you know how. And something amazing begins to happen. What you can begins to be more than what you could. You learn, you experience, sometimes you succeed, sometimes you fail, and most of all you grow.

You grow stronger each time you do what you can. At the beginning it doesn't seem like enough, yet with persistence it becomes more. What once seemed difficult, becomes easy. What once seemed awkward and uncomfortable, becomes natural and even graceful.

Taking on a difficult challenge can bring about a great accomplishment, yet it can bring so very much more. In challenge there is strength to be gained, there are lessons to be learned, there is a kind of nourishment that cannot be delivered in any other way.

If the challenge seems a bit too overwhelming, that's the one you want. Take it on and let it pull you up. Do what you can do, again and again, and what you can do will truly amaze you.

-- Ralph Marston

http://ci.123greetings.com/events/ge...11-92-1040.gif

1day@atime 05-14-2002 01:05 PM

Good Afternoon

Semo - Sounds like you need to take a few minutes for yourself. I know the wedding can be hetic, & there are lots of dinners out... But try and make the best choice. At least you only have 1 more week to go...

Mooz - Glad to hear your OP... Keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh in. I just know you'll do well.

As for me... my sinsus have been bothering me again. It's this weather...& I did not get up and do my tae-bo... But I did walk 2.5 miles last night... My goal for tonight is to either do the tae-bo or walk 3 miles. Also this morning was running late for a meeting & I did not eat my breakfast before the meeting & they had these big ol cinnamon rolls & muffins... I ended up eating 1/2 of a cinnamon roll:nono: , I have not looked up points, but i'm sure it will cost me 8-10 pts... so i guess I really need to do both tae-bo & walk huh?

talk to you all later..

t-girl 05-14-2002 10:34 PM

hey all, been op pretty good had a few low fat oreos, but compromised with them and dinner.. Well I also did my own weight workout, and it was fun targeted my bad areas and found out how much stronger they are in comparison to 2 months ago!1 Hurray!! How is everyone?? Have a goodnight, and Patty, I hope you feel better, I know how allergies/sinus problems are bothersome in this season, Wish you well. Well TTFN.

IndyLauri 05-15-2002 08:28 AM

Patty, at least you only ate half the roll!!!! ;)

t-girl, those low fat oreos are pretty decent!! Also, if you like fig newtons, the fat free ones are fabulous!!!

SEMO, hang in there girl!!! Just get right back on the wagon after the wedding when you have your life back.

mooz, hi!! Did I thank you for the cartoon web site and especially the motivational one? Well, thanks. The cartoons are hysterical. Some of the menopause ones are perfect for my office.

oh, and hello to all the new people who have come and gone!
I will ride my bike at lunch today. I may ride it back to work after lunch, but I have to figure out what to do. Should I put my skirt in a backpack and wear pants? It's only 2 miles so if I go at a fairly leisurly (?) pace I won't be all sweaty and gross. Decisions, decisions!
later!
lauri

1day@atime 05-15-2002 01:13 PM

Good Afternoon

We'll I ended up walking 3 miles last night. Tomorrow is my weigh in & I just ate some lays baked chips... to me they are so salty... so i'll have to drink lots of water..

T-girl - I haven't tried the lowfat oreos. I'm afraid to try them.. I'll end up eating the whole bag. I went shopping sunday & found the Ww ice cream sundae's, they are only 2 pts... there not as good as Blue Bell but they satisfied my sweet tooth.

Lauri - I just wish I could ride my bike to work. I think I would pack my skirt & wear pants... That is a good way to get some exercise in & not even realize it's exercise..

Mooz - where are you today? How was your weigh in?

Semo - Hope you getting some time to yourself...

talk to you all later..

mooz49 05-16-2002 07:31 AM

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!
Sorry I missed posting yesterday - I had posted on another thread earlier and meant to go back to do this one but it didn't happen. I lost 1 pound when I weighed in on Wed so I am pleased with that. On the other hand I was at a presentation last night and had a glass of wine and some nibbles which I could well have done without!!
I walked 3 miles after it and then went linedancing for 2 hours. I have already been for a 2 mile walk this morning and the sun is shining and it was so warm:cool: This is not the time for hiding under a coat!! We have to do this so that we feel good showing off our figures - RIGHT??

Patty - your walks are getting longer too - this is catching!!YGG

Lauri - good for for getting on your bike - I could never get the hang of riding a bike as I was always too nervous!!Glad you liked the websites.

T-girl - I wish I had your energy - you always seem to be on the go:dizzy:

To everyone else have a good OP day

TAke Care All

Anne

There are no short cuts to any place worth going.
Source Unknown

Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.
That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.
Emily Kimbrough

We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers.
They see things in the soft haze of a spring day
or in the red fire of a long winter's evening.
Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them;
nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light
which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.
Woodrow Wilson

http://ci.123greetings.com/events/ge...04-40-1040.gif

IndyLauri 05-16-2002 09:43 AM

Patty, I was thinking the same thing! When I was a teenager before I had my drivers license I used to ride my bike or walk EVERYWHERE!. Never gave a thought to how far it might be, or that I was getting exercise.

SEMO, are you under water? Saw flooding in your neck of the woods, nasty spring rains.

hi to everyone else!!! Gotta run. Going camping this weekend for the first time this season, so I gotta get the 5th wheel packed.
It's not going to be super warm, but we like having a fire during the day, and making chili for supper over it..... mmm mmm mmm.
Will take my bike and also my running shoes! ;)
You all take care!!!
lauri

1day@atime 05-16-2002 01:56 PM

Good Afternoon

MOOZ - WAY TO GO ON YOUR 1LB LOSS , remember on Ww there are no bad foods, you just have to account for everything & stay within your points.. Way to go on your walking & linedancing.

Lauri - Hope you have a great time this weekend. Enjoy your runs.

T-girl - Hope your OP today...

We'll it was my weight in today, and i'm a little disappointed. I gained .2 lbs, and I did everything right this past week. I haven't tae-bo as much as I wanted but I have been walking. I need to just stay focused and to pick back up with the tae-bo. I think it's probably water weight cause my rings are tight, but nevertheless it's disappointing when you work so hard and have a gain...

Ok... enough of the boo-hoo... I will see a loss next week...

talk to you all later...

mooz49 05-17-2002 04:31 AM

Growing confidence
Real, sustained self confidence comes from knowing you can do it, and knowing you can do it comes from the experience of actually doing it. Just as strong muscles are built by lifting heavier and heavier weights, confidence is built by taking on bigger and bigger challenges.
Even if your muscles are weak, there is some amount of weight you can lift, and as you regularly lift it, the muscles become stronger. In the same way, the confidence to take on major challenges is built through the experience of first taking on small challenges, and then working your way up.

Others may encourage you, yet no other person can actually give you your own confidence or talk you into it. Others may help you to believe you can do it, yet only by experience will you know without a doubt that you can.

The sooner you begin to accumulate that experience, the stronger and more quickly your confidence will grow. Where you are, right now, is a great place to start building the solid and unshakable confidence of achievement.

Start with what you have, with what you know you can do, and then add a little challenge to it. Soon you'll know without a doubt that you can do even more. As your confidence grows, so will your achievements, because the biggest achievements come to those who have the confidence to take on the most difficult challenges. Start small, continue to build a strong confidence based on experience, and you'll have something valuable indeed.

-- Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!
It is dull and breezy here today - good walking weather!

Patty - don't be worried about your little gain - with all the walking and Tae-Bo and keeping OP you will soon see the pounds disappear!! If you are retaining fluid the answer is supposed to be - drink more water! - so I am told anyway.

Lauri - hope you have a good weekend camping.

To everyone else have a good OP day

Take Care

Anne

http://ci.123greetings.com/events/ge...13-47-1042.gif

IndyLauri 05-17-2002 09:14 AM

good morning chickies!!! I can't wait to go camping. Work has been so stressful with the new office and we have a new phone system, which is actually better, but we have more calls coming in, same amount of people working... We will be starting our new computer system full time in a month.
Oh, and the people who can't find our office.. good grief. And of course since I am the receptionist, I wear a sign that says "feel free to verbally abuse me no matter what"...

I will try and do the best I can over the weekend. If you're actually in the woods and you eat fattening food will the scale know? LOL!!! I am taking my running shoes, so I can check out the trails and keep up with my exercise. You all have a good weekend!!!

lauri

t-girl 05-18-2002 06:00 PM

Hey all!! Gotta check all the posts out later!! I have been off for 2 days, plus i ate something i know i shouldnt have, and was sick as a dog yesterday, I am better now, op and motivatied , did do tae bo last week, and have 2 pounds lost to show for it!! hope all is well , tty l, and write more lata,, take care everybody!!

mooz49 05-19-2002 05:45 PM

http://ci.123greetings.com/events/ge...11-82-1042.gif GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!

Just a quick call.
I walked 3 miles today and my eating is good.

T-girl -CONGRATS ON YOUR 2 POUNDS WEIGHTLOSS and I an glad to hear you are feeling better.

Lauri - hope you had a super camping weekend!!

Gotta go now

Take Care All

Anne