3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Getting Motivated, Strong, Hydrated and Healthy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/15162-getting-motivated-strong-hydrated-healthy.html)

mooz49 05-05-2002 08:23 AM

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!
It is a beautiful morning and the sun is shining and it is great to be alive!!

Bubble-gum - You are very welcome to join us and we will help you all we can. You have made a good move in joining a thread on this forum!! A graduating law student - Wow you are a clever girl!! Do you graduate this year? Is it very stressful for you? My son is graduating from university this year, hopefully, and I know he has been stressed out this last couple of years.
Have you tried walking? I walk every day and I am addicted to it now. You could start by walking for 10 mins and then turning and walking home again - that will get you started.
Do you drink enough water? We very often think our bodies need food when it is really needing water.

Patty - I don't think I could walk the 7 miles all at once - I did it in three walks through the day - 2,2,&3.

T-girl - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1.5 POUND LOSS. You are doing great!!

Semo - hope you are having a good OP and lovely time in Nashville!!

Lauri - What is Sam's Club?

To anyone I have missed - have a good OP day.

Take Care all

Anne

WORTHY OF THE BEST

If you continue to practice negative habits, even though you know they're not in your best interest, what kind of a message are you sending to yourself? You're giving yourself the mistaken impression that you're not worthy of controlling your own actions.
But you are worthy of the best life has to offer. And it is up to you to act like it.

The next time you hear that little voice saying "I really don't need to be doing this" look at it as an opportunity. See it as a chance to say no to that negative habit and to say yes to your best possibilities.

You could give in to the temptation and fall into old, negative habits, but what would that really get you? Instead, send yourself a positive, empowering message by truly acting in your best interest and avoiding that negative habit.

You know what's right for you and what's not, so make the choice to do what's right. Not only will it move you forward, it will also confirm, without a doubt, your commitment to your own best possibilities.

-- Ralph Marston

IndyLauri 05-05-2002 10:28 AM

bubble gum: welcome to our group!!! We are all doing different forms of exercises and I think different diet plans.

Mooz, Sam's Club is a warehouse store that you have to buy food in bulk. They everything from food to appliances to computer equipment to movies. It's huge and it's fun to shop at.
I buy my sons' lunch stuff there: chips, juice, twinkies.
They also have good prices on paperback books (which you can buy one at a time)
Did I confuse you? I hope not. I am eating some yogurt and fixing to go outside for a jog. IT appears nice and NOT windy. NOT windy is always a plus in these parts LOL!
Today I need to finish up laundry and a doily I'm crocheting for my friend.
Have a good Sunday!!!
lauri

t-girl 05-05-2002 02:46 PM

Hey all.. Bubble gum, welcome!! I have something to say, that i am ashamed of. Tae bo and i will unite after i get off havent done it in 2 or so days, which is not normal for me. I feel lazy and dont know why I am eating op, i love tae bo , it is great!! i just think once i go do it TODAY, imm a get back on track Plus imma hit the weights, havent seen those in a while.. oh my.. sorry to be like this! thanks for all the support!! i will update everyone later!!

Latisia

1day@atime 05-06-2002 01:18 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies -

Welcome Bubble gum We are happy to have your join our forum. My only advise is not to try and do everything at once "drink the water, exercise, diet" . Do it in small steps, so it's not so overwhelming. Like Mooz said start with a 10 min walk, then increase. The one thing you should definitely start doing is drinking more water.

T-girl - Hey maybe your body just needed a day of rest. That is how I would look at it. But today is monday and it's time to get back in the swing. My goal is to do tae-bo 4 times this week, in the am..

Mooz - Breaking up the walk is great. I might try walking 1 mile at lunch & that would add to my day's walk.

Semo - Hope you had a wonderful time in Nashville..

Lauri - Hope you had a great run yesterday.

We'll for me. I did not exercise yestereday (sunday), I too had a lazy day. There were bad storms all night & my dog kept me up from 2:30am to 5:00am... he was barking in the other room..
But I was OP & i'm still having to work on drinking the water on the weekends. I did get up this morning and did the basic TAE-BO.. Thursday is my weight in day... Hope to see results...

talk to you all later...

t-girl 05-06-2002 02:20 PM

Hey all, you may be right about the rest thing Patty, cuz I am back with it!! did my walk, and exteded it another block, it feels so good outside too!! I am op with the eating .I love Kashi, mix it with yogurt, so filling .. my son is doing much better, and now we are gonna take a few pics. Hey Patty, I do believe you have a good exercise plan, and will see some results, no doubt!!! well, to everyone else, hope you are off to a great start this Monday, and talk to you later!

Latisia

mooz49 05-06-2002 03:21 PM

GOOD EVENING CHICKS!!
I am a bit later in posting today as I was shopping again and when I came home my son was on the computer.Just a quick call as I am going for a walk at 8.30 with a friend.

T-girl - good to see you are back on track again!!

Patty - you seem to be back to your previous good form and dishing out all the good advice - keep it up as we all need it!!

Lauri - Sams Club sounds absolutely brilliant. Hope you got a good jog without getting blown away!!

To everyone else have a good OP day.

Take care All

Anne

DON'T QUIT!
When things go wrong as they sometimes will
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer, with its twists and turns
As everyone of us sometimes learns
And many a failure turns about
When he/she might have won had he/she stuck it out
Don't give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

author unknown

t-girl 05-06-2002 11:39 PM

Hey everyone, I am doing pretty good. Did not falter,, I have tae bo tommorrow, my highlight, think i will do it early tomorrow!! How is everyone?? i had found some website that has mostly fat free goodies, gonna go back and find it again,, i lost the address!! it looked great. Well talk to you all later!

Latisia

mooz49 05-07-2002 06:07 AM

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!

It's a beautiful morning here today and I am in control of my food. I walked nearly 3 miles last night and 2 this morning. I still have not made up my mind whether to go to WW tonight or not!!

T-girl - let us know what that website is if you find it again. I still have not started back into the Tae Bo but I will soon!! It's getting the time!!

Hope everyone is having a good OP day and DRINK YOUR WATER!!!

Take Care All

Anne

STARTING POINT

Regardless of how far behind you may be, you always can choose to move forward. Though people and events and circumstances may conspire against you, you can decide to move ahead anyway.
Success depends on your direction, not on your position. No matter where you may be, it is always within your reach, and you can always begin to work for your own special success.

It's perfectly okay to be where you are. Because from where you are, you can move steadily to wherever you desire to be. Sure, it's probably not the ideal situation, and yet it is a starting point. It's the starting point you have, and one from which you most certainly can move forward.

It will happen because you decide to make it happen. It will happen because you'll do what's necessary to make it happen. This day, this place, this situation is your starting point. Now is your moment to reach as high as you care to reach. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. Decide for yourself and start moving yourself positively there.

-- Ralph Marston

http://www.glasbergen.com/images/fit00.gif

IndyLauri 05-07-2002 08:20 AM

hi chicks!!! Mooz, the cartoon was great!!! I printed it to hang up at work.
Where do you find your motivational sayings? Is there one web site? or several?
I don't normally train on Mondays, but what a day I had at work!
I did about 1 1/2 miles after supper around the neighborhood. And let me tell you, I enjoyed that. Way better than running in circles for 20 minutes!!! :D
Also, I love iced tea, so on Saturday I bought de-caf tea bags and made some. Very good!!!! I filled a couple of my water bottles and took them to work. Breaks the monotony of the water, plus the only caffeine I had yesterday was in my morning 3 cups of coffee.
Well, gotta scram!! Have a good day everyone!!!
lauri

mooz49 05-07-2002 09:48 AM

Lauri - well done on your 1.5 mile run.

If you go to www.greatday.com/motivate/ you can pick from 1000 motivational pieces. I have the website as one of my 'favourite places' and just go there and pick one of them.
The cartoons I get at www.glasbergen.com

Anne

t-girl 05-07-2002 03:57 PM

good after noon, Ok here is the websit, i think it is great:) www.fatfree.com( i should have remembered that!!LOL) I am just laughing at myself, it is an actual store in Manhattan NY, makes me wanna go there and check it out!!LOL

Wel I am op, doing great did tae bo early and i am planning to keep it early!! it really helped..

Lauri, go girl!! That is fantastic!! Quite a workout..

Well i still have weights yet to lift, but will do it in time. take care everyone!!

Latisia

mooz49 05-07-2002 05:01 PM

Thanks T-girl. I went to that site and it has some good vegetarian recipies that seem to be quite simple. My 19 year old daughter is vegetarian.

Anne

1day@atime 05-07-2002 10:20 PM

Good Evening Ladies

Today was a hard day, went to a work trade show & they had all kinds of goodies at the vendor's tables (candy)...I did real good then towards the end of the day when I was tired I ended up eating about 4 pieces (small ones)...I overslept this morning, so I didn't do my tae-bo, & I just got home so I only walked the dog 1 mile. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Mooz - Don't you just love it when your in control of your food. It just makes me feel soo good. I know that is a hard decision on whether or not to go back to Ww. I need the accountability, but either way let us know what you decide to do.

Lauri - Way to go on getting your 1.5 miles in. I just love tea in the summer. I have to limit myself to 2 glasses due to the caffine. What brand of decaf are you using? Lipton?

T-girl - Glad to hear your back in control. I just love the Kashi Go lean. Are you mixing it plain yogurt? or vanilla? I don't like the plain, but mixed with Kashi, that might help.

oh, Mooz - thanks for the motivational words & the pictures.

We'll i'm calling it a night... talk to you all tomorrow..

mooz49 05-08-2002 06:19 AM

GOOD MORNING CHICKS!!
I have decided to weigh my self every Wednesday at home in the morning as that is when I am at my lightest. I will still follow the WW points system and I get all the motivation from this thread and the '40 something moving and losing' thread.
I have not walked today yet as I was away for a sort of interview. We have 'home helps' here who go to say elderly people's houses to make them their breakfast or lunch or do some light housework or shopping. They are short staffed at the moment so I said I would be interested and I had to talk a lady about the job. I will just be covering sick leave and holidays at the minute and then later I could go for a proper interview for a permanent part-time job. It is so nerve racking just thinking about it!!

Patty - it is hard when you are tired and hungry and all those goodies are calling out to you. I think you did well in not overeating on them and you are back on track again so you are fine. We can't be perfect all the time!!

T-girl - you are back to your old self again - OP and Tae boing and that is great.

Semo - hope the wedding is all going according to plan - call in when you can.

Lauri - keep on running!!!YGG

To everyone have a good day

Take care

Anne

PATH TO ACHIEVEMENT

Your level of success and achievement depends on the level of challenge with which you're willing to live. Those who take on the biggest challenges are the ones who attain the biggest achievements.
If the challenges you face seem to be getting more imposing, that probably means you're making real progress. The challenges have grown stronger precisely because your ability to handle them has grown stronger.

The challenges are not there to push you down. In reality, they provide you with a clear and effective way to push forward. A long and rocky road can be challenging, and yet if the road was not there, you would have nothing on which to move forward. In the same way, the challenges you face will lead you to the achievement you desire.

Welcome the challenges, for they are truly what make the achievements possible.

-- Ralph Marston

http://www.glasbergen.com/images/fit207.gif

IndyLauri 05-08-2002 08:22 AM

good morning!
Mooz, thanks for the info!! I love the sayings with the pics. I put one on my desktop and printed some out for my desk at work.

Patty, way to go on not pigging out totally. I know sometimes it's hard. When we were moving our office they must have spent a fortune on food for us... pizza, doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, chinese food (which made me ill, that'll learn me LOL)
I buy the Lipton decaf. I make sun tea with it. And I love it because I don't need to limit myself.

tgirl, thanks for the veg info. We try to eat vegetarian once a week. What's Kashi? I like to buy low or non fat vanilla yogurt and put blueberries or strawberries in it. Like the McDonalds parfait, but cheaper. The McD parfait (without the cereal) is only 5 WW points. If you add the granola in its still only 7.

It's supposed to be chilly today and windy. Curses!!!! I'll have to go to the gym instead of running outside. booooooring!!
You all have a good day.

I hope SEMO is doing well and the wedding is going smoothly. Of course any little mess up is fodder for anecdotes for years to come LOL!!! :-)
My maid of honor stepped back from us so we could light our candle and sat right in my own dads lap LOL!! (this was in 1980 and it STILL cracks me up!)
later!!!!
lauri