3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Getting Motivated, Strong, Hydrated and Healthy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/15162-getting-motivated-strong-hydrated-healthy.html)

mooz49 04-11-2002 04:30 PM

[SIZE=4][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue][B][I]Good evening girls.

A big welcome to Billiesrosie - you will like it here. That is some weightloss you have - I saw it in your profile - 174 pounds. YGG

Just calling in before I go to linedancing. My eating was not just as good as it should have been but I didn't really fall off the wagon;)

Semo - I am certainly up for your challenge as I need to do good this week too. I usually drink about 1.5 litres of water so I will drink 2.5 litres over the weekend. (I'll be having to jump over the ditch for a piddle when I'm out walking) HA HA
Semo I do a bit of weights too after reading the book 'Strong Women Stay Slim'. I only do about 10 mins every other day. If you go to the site

www.strongwomen.com and click on Fitness Programs and then either of the three options (start strong bones, start stay slim,start vibrant aging) they all show some weightlifting exercises.That is mostly the same as the ones that I do.

Lauri - that is so sweet of your hubby buying you a watch with a stop watch on it - it brought tears to my eyes when I read it.

Patty - I walked 4 miles today. I walk most days. In the morning I walk by myself and go 2 miles but in the evening I always go with a friend as I don't like going on my own when it is later in the evening.

Jen - Hope you are hanging in there;)

It's time to reach for the stars. Go for it!!

http://us.greet1.yimg.com/img.greeti...oo/goforit.gif

mooz49 04-11-2002 04:33 PM

Sorry Semo - the link to strongwomen does not appear to be working but you should be able to get to it the usual way.

mooz49 04-12-2002 07:21 AM

http://ci.123greetings.com/thumbs/ge...16-05-1040.gif
TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YOU ALL

Just a quick visit. I have already done a 2 mile walk this morning and now I have lots of housework to do so that will keep me busy. My eating today so far has been good and I am in CONTROL. I WILL do it this time.

Will call later on this evening to see how you all are getting on.

Bye for now

Anne

IndyLauri 04-12-2002 08:37 AM

howdy!!!
Last night my dear hubby (we've been together since high school by the way, which was 1977) and I went over to the grade school track to exercise. It's 1/4 mile track. I was able to run 1 1/2 laps which for me is a major deal. I was PUMPED about that!!
I am beginning to feel that I really CAN run that 5k this summer!

SEMO, I will do the water and exercise part of the challenge, but probably not the food part. I eat popcorn on saturday, because it's our family movie night. I never used to, until last week LOL!! But I tried the Orville Redenbacher low fat stuff, and its actually not bad!!

It's FRIDAY!!!! I have worked 19 days in a row, so I am ready for a little time off. I think spring is here, ssshhhh. ;-) Looking forward to running/walking this weekend.
Have a great day!!!
((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))
lauri

SEMO 04-12-2002 09:23 AM

Good Morning Ladies, and a happy TGIF. I'll probably be working tomorrow but I hope the rest of you have a great weekend.

My niece came over last night (she graduates in May with a P.E. degree) and made me out a list of exercises with weights for my arms. She also laughed at my whimpie weights and said to get heavier ones. (I have 3lbs now and she wants me to get 5lbs) It was good that she helped me or I would have been doing them wrong. She said that it's important and more effective to go slow when using weights.

Jen where are you? Don't you dare quit us!

We are still running in circles here and have one out in the office, back later.

1day@atime 04-12-2002 02:49 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies

Just a quick Hello...
Its's a beautiful day here in Big D. I think the high today is 78, unfortunately, i'm in a high rise bldg. so i don't get to enjoy being outside. I do have a view though.

need to run... i'll be back later.

t-girl 04-12-2002 03:48 PM

Hi,, intro:

Hello everyone, I was just breezing by, with Tae-bo in mind. I had seen his other tape, Tae-bo 2, and hope you all don't mind putting in some input about it. ( if you have used it) I am on the first tape, but it is such a great work out. It really helps me when combined with my new way of eating.

Latisia

Tazmani77 04-12-2002 06:45 PM

Hello Everyone, just passing by and had to check in on ya

Mooz WTG!! for pulling it out and no cheating. got to watch it!

Patty: Get out of the building and take a walk so you can enjoy that lovely day. It is raining here and I wish for what you have, don't waste it. :)

Semo, Indy and T-girl keep on doing it and your dreams can come true.

You guys rock!!!!

http://ci.123greetings.com/events/mu...02-03-1028.gif

Jehari 04-13-2002 12:52 AM

Hi. Don't worry, I haven't quit. Thank all of you for the words of encouragement. I'm just taking a little time to re-evaluate the things I'm doing/thinking/feeling. I just wanted to let you know I didn't fall off the planet, and I'll be back in a day or two.
Talk at ya later,
Jen
:wave:

mooz49 04-13-2002 06:13 AM

[B][I]

Good Morning Semo, Patty, Lauri, Jen, Billiesrosie, Taz and a big welcome to T.Girl.

Taz - THANKS for calling in now and again - you brighten our day;)

I can't stop long as my two uni kids are both after the computer:dizzy:

I walked 6 miles yesterday and I am going for a 2 mile walk this morning. Food wise I am hanging in there but it is just one of those days where I feel I need more motivation to watch what I eat. I did it last weekend so I WILL do it this weekend.:?:

Jen - Glad you are keeping in touch as it does help to talk:)

T - girl I am just at the Tae Bo 1 tape and I find it a good workout too but the others are probably more experts than I am.:D

Patty - hope you get to enjoy some of that good weather at the weekend.

Semo - I started out with the smaller weights too and I now use the 7 pound ones- the next weights that I have are 10!! and I don't think I could do too much with them:o

Lauri - If you feel that you can run that 5K then that is half the battle and you will do it. Enjoy your weekend - you deserve it.

Gott rush now so have a good day everyone and I will call later if I get a chance.

Anne

[/COLOR]

http://us.greet1.yimg.com/img.greeti...s/goodluck.gif

Just sending this Shamrock balloon your way to bring you all goodluck for the weekend.

IndyLauri 04-13-2002 09:04 AM

Good morning girlfriends!!! Today is grocery day for us. It's not quite 7 am, but I am up and at 'em. Have to make my list, but I can not start my day without hearing from you all!!

I desperately need to clean my house today. After shopping I will do that. Put a little AC/DC on the stereo and GET DOWN with my vacuum cleaner and dust rags LOL!!!

Jen, glad you popped in for a minute!! Are you getting burnt out being the mom AND the dad and all that other stuff that goes along with being a military wife? Trust me, I have been there and whatever you are feeling I have probably dealt with... feel free to send me a private message if you like. (((((((((Jen))))))))))).

Well, ladies, gotta go finish my grocery list. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood today. Sun is shining and the wind is not blowing (yet) That's usually a matter of time here in the high plains. Have a great day!!
((((((((LADIES)))))))))) (these are hugs by the way LOL)
Lauri

billiesrosie 04-13-2002 10:07 AM

hi guys,been kind of busy the last few days my hubby was home, he is a truck driver,gone all the time,i am all ways lost after he leaves,have to have a pity party for myself,lol.i got that new bike thursday but it has been raining they say it will move out after lunch so i am hopeing to get a ride in today!i have been trying to drink more water i had 84oz yesterday,that is good for me,stayed at my 1200 calories allso! well i hope everyone has a good day,i think i will whip out the brushes today and paint me a picture! see yous later.tami

1day@atime 04-13-2002 01:54 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies

Slept in late, & now i have to catch up on cleaning, laundry, & paying bills. I"m just not in the mood for that today. The weather is dreary here. It's clouding up quite a bit. I need some sunshine...I have such a hard time drinking water on the weekends. When i'm at work i set my water bottles on my desk & can count how many I have drank. At home, I misplace the bottle..I need to work on that this weekend.

T-girl - All of the tae-bo tapes are wonderful. If you doing the basic & feel comfortable with it you might want to go to the advanced one. Just don't overdo it. Work at your own pace.

Billierosie - Your drinking up a storm. That is so good.

Mooz - WAY TO GO on the 6 mile walk. That is great. Keep that up and you will defitinely have a loss next week.

Lauri, Semo & Jen - hope you all are having a great day.

t-girl 04-13-2002 03:46 PM

:dizzy: I just wanted to say hello to everyone, I think I will advance soon. It is getting easier to do the basic, It still builds up quite a sweat though. Take care, talk to you all later! Love the pics!!

Latisia;)

mooz49 04-14-2002 08:34 AM

Good morning all. Can't stop long. Just called in for some motivation to get me through the day and posting seems to help somehow.:?: Eating ways I am doing OK for a weekend! and I hope to get a couple of 2 mile walks in before the day is over.

Will call later.

Take care all

Anne