Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 AM   #1  

Default Need help with a gym workout

I just joined a new gym and I plan to go most mornings before work but I would only have 1/2 hour to work out. So far I have been once and I did 10min warmup on tredmill then stretched, I planned to do some weights then 15 more mins of cardio but I ran out of time so I ended up doing crunches, leg machine, assisted chinups and dips and some shoulder presses then 5 mins on the split tredmill thing.

Can anyone recomment a routine so I get the most from my short workout??? It's an all womans gym with the usual cardio equipment (plus that weird tredmill that has a split down the middle so each foot is on a different conveyorbelt and they move up and down as you walk to simulate walking up steep hills).

All the normal weight machines plus medicine balls, fit balls, free weights/barbells etc (That I have total access to as they aren't being hogged by groups of guy standing around talking/loving themselves).
lead and feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #2  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Is it possible to do cardio at home? If it were me i would do your 10min warm up and focus on weights a resistance. Always do abs and alternate upper and lower body. Do you have stairs at your place? That wouls de a good way to get the cardio in instead of sucking up your gym time. I find it a little easier to do cardio at home. Also is it possible to go to the gym after work? Can you wake up 30mins earlier than you are now to get in 1hr there?
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

That's why I don't go to the gym. Takes too long
I work out at home with exercise dvds and dumbbells.
I agree about focusing on the strength training at the gym and do your cardio elsewhere.
Do they have someone at the gym that can help you set up a routine with their equipment?
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

When I go to the gym I do intervals on the treadmill. My boss is a doctor and a personal trainer and he helps me with my workouts. I love the treadmill so we focused on that. With the intervals I run (or walk fast) 1 minute and walk at a normal speed two minutes. It burns more calories and pretty soon you'll get faster. I started out walking at 3.1 "running" at 3.6, now I'm walking at 3.6 running at 4.0 in justa week. I personally can get in two miles in 30ish minutes. See if your gym offers a free personal trainer for the first visit, speak with them and have them set you up a routine. Good luck!
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #5  

How about doing M/W/F cardio & T/Th weights?
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote