Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Walk/Run Challenge ~ June....#2

Starting over because of the CRASH!

Walked the mutts for 3.5 today in gorgeous weather here in southern California.

10.5/75 MILES
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:05 PM   #2  

I took the doggie for a walk/ run today 8.49 mi's, it was a hot humid windy day in west mi, My doggie (kala) jumped in the river 3 x to cool off . That's why i call her my river rat, . Than after i brought her home i took off on a 28 mile bike ride, i'll be sleeping very well tonight .

Last edited by chuckie; 06-06-2008 at 08:06 PM.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Ooo, I don't like crashes. It took me 3 tries to figure out this was the right thread...maybe I should have slept in longer!

Welcome Chuckie!!

Gary, Who's your graduate???

Let's see I had..

4 hours 55 min
7 bike miles
8.25 walk miles

Leaving now for 6 miles on the bike plus 4 miles walking. It's sunny and beautiful this morning for the first time in days, but also very humid. I'm sure there are more stroms heading our way. DS on a camp out with the Boy Scouts, but just at a pond a few miles from here so he's having a blast with no cares to the weather. I got no exercise yesterday, but it was worth it. I had my great nieces, 4 and 7, for the day. What a treat for me. I was 12 when their mother was born and literally had her with me as often as I could for years. It was wonderful having her children for the day.

6 hours 35 min of 30
13 bike miles
12.25 walk miles

Last edited by lovnmom; 06-07-2008 at 08:26 AM.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

A beautiful morning here n southern California. Angie and I walked the dogs down to Starbucks at 6:30 this morning in shorts and t-shirts.

LOVNMOM ~ Sounds like you had a great day and another one coming today! It is my nephew that graduated high school on Thursday. I am his legal guardian and have been for 7 years. Just dropped him off at the NAVY recruiter for his weekly day with them. He signed up awhile back and goes off to boot camp in September.

CHUCKIE ~ Now THAT was a day's worth of exercise and then some

14/75 MILES
Old 06-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #5  

I must of over did it yesterday, i walked my 8.49 mi's today could hardly run this morning at all , so this afternoon i'm going to get the bike back out after we open the pool .Good thing it's getting pretty hot & humid here, Family reunion tomorrow so i'll use that as my day off.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #6  

Gary, Good luck to your nephew for his future.

Yesterday started out awesome and then quickly went south in the afternoon. There were tornadoes everywhere in our area. DS was camping close to home, but everything happened so fast I had no time to go get him and his Scout leader couldn't get word to us. Very nerve racking huddled in the basement with only 3 of my 4 children!!! My hubby was at our business next door when the alarm started blaring. I grabbed the radio, flashlight and the kids and headed for the basement....he stood outside and watched. Idiot! Our home and business sit at the bottom of a bluff. He watched the edge of a tornado skim over the hill and we lost nothing! A couple of branches. Just next door trees were rooted up and windows smashed. My brother's auto shop had a sign fly through the window. His little town (4 miles from us) had trees uprooted all around they lost all power etc...it continued for hours. Two others touched down just 10 min from us later in the evening. It's still raining buckets. We have a waterfall streaming down the bluff and a lake that should not exist right across the road. The screen looks like everything is just about past. Let's hope nothing is behind it and pray my sump pump keeps chugging away!!!
So, exercise for today hmmm...I'll check into that and edit later.
Have a blessed Sunday!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Oh my goodness LOVNMOM! Praise God you were all OK...very scary! I am glad to miss those experiences living in southern California! Those nasty lightning and thunderstorms I have been in visiting family in Illinois is enough for me...oh...and our occasional earthquake!

Looks like no walk for me today...church, then a few chores before we head off to San Diego to see CATS...then hoping to make my son's Baccalaurete speech he is giving today.

Have a great week of exercise!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 06-08-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #8  

Gary, How wonderful. Your trip sounds very nice and you must be so proud.

I had a wonderful morning at church. I'm doing the Children's Sermon and then taking the wee ones to the fellowship hall for a craft and a snack. Our church has never excused children during the sermon. Just trying something new for the summer and I'm loving it. As for the weather, rain rain go away. We have flooding all around us and the neighboring town up river from us has announced they are opening the dam. It shouldn't affect us much. We're on the opposite side of the hwy from the river. We figure they wouldn't be releasing it if it's going to cross the hwy...but the little town to the south of us has houses all along the river. Sandbagging has been going on most of the day. Me and the dog were able to take advantage during a break in the rain and walk 4 miles. Downed trees were all over on the bike trail, but nothing dangerous. It started sprinkling a mile from home and the thunder started about 1/2 mile from home, but we were able to just skirt the edge of it. It started raining hard a few minutes after we got home. Brookey was not very happy that last mile. She may make mommy walk alone tomorrow.
Ok, where is everybody??? Baskgal, Toys, Cakeses etc... come out come out.

7 hours 35 min of 30 hours
13 bike miles
16.25 walk miles
Old 06-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Off today so I could take my truck in for service. The dealership is a little over 4 miles away so I took the dogs with me and got my walk in by walking back home. A little difficult that time of morning with all the street and school traffic...one of my dogs gets real nervous around a lot of cars flying by.

Cool LOVNMOM...we include kids in our service. We have a cry room where mom's with babies needing "attention" can still view and hear the service and also a day care for those toddlers, or parents...wink... that need it. Our Sunday school is separated into age groups for the children and interests for the adults. Glad things are getting better there with the weather (?). Have you thought about joining us at Christian Encouragers? Good group of people.

Have a great week of work-outs everyone!

18/75 MILES
Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #10  

I wanted to share just a couple pictures of the flooding in my area.

The first is a shot of the bike trail I woke or ride nearly every day. The dog and I walked there yesterday afternoon just as it was beginning to rain again.

The second is a shot of the golf course that is located next door. My house sits to the left at the bottom of the bluff in the photo.

The third is a bridge that was directly behind me when I took the golf course shot. It's over the hwy less than a tenth of a mile from my driveway. There is usually enough head space underneath that local kids fish from under there!!!

I live in Juneau county we are bordered by Vernon and Sauk. All three have been deemed in "a state of emergency." You can understand why I feel so thankful. Our sump pump has been running every 2-3 minutes for more than 48 hours. It pumps out approximately 5 gallons of water each time. Had we lost power or the pump had failed for some reason we surely would have been awash....Exercise today? Again, I shall see.

I couldn't walk the bike trail, but our highways are clear. We needed milk and a few odds and ends so I walked four miles and got everything I needed. I'm also adding 15 min for all the walking I did while taking pics this morning.

8 hours 50 min of 30 hours
13 bike miles
20.25 walk miles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0530.jpg (27.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0522.jpg (26.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0514.jpg (26.4 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by lovnmom; 06-09-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #11  

5 miles early this morning.

10 hours and 5 minutes of 30 hours
13 bike miles
24.25 walk miles
Old 06-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Great pictures LOVNMOM! So much devastation. Hope things are drying out for your family.

Took the dogs out for 3.5 then did another 2.5 on the treadmill after chores.

24/75 MILES
Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm still plugging away on the treadmill. I wish I could run outside, but 95 degrees is just too hot for that kind of exertion. Even in an air conditioned house I need a fan to keep from overheating!

16.44 / 45 miles
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #14  

Gary, Your'e eating up the miles again this month. Great job!

MonteCristo, Great job! Your right on target for hitting your goal. It's really humid here, but we haven't hit over 80* yet. Thankfully, after a long winter of using the TM I really needed to be able to get out the door!!

Did my 4+ mile rural loop alone today while my oldest DS finished up baseball practice and my youngest DD had her band lesson. Now we're all home until DS goes back to school for weight lifting.

11 hours and 5 min of 30 hours
13 bike miles
28.5 walk miles
Old 06-11-2008, 11:01 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks LOVNMOM...but no miles today. Long day at work and when I got home Angie was just coming back from a 4 miler with the dogs.

Try to stay cool MonteCristo!

Keep up the good work everyone!