Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/154.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Polar heart rate monitor.

Hello all. I didnt know where to put this topic, so I figured this would be the best.

I just bought a Polar watch with the band to go around my chest to monitor my heart rate while I exercise

Does anyone else have one because I would love to hear someone else say they do and has it been successful in your weight loss
Sarah Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #2  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I love my polar heart rate monitor. I find it really motivating in so many ways. It lets my gauge how hard my workouts are and I know when I need to kick things up a notch. It's also nice to see things that used to send my heart rate through the roof can barely get it up to 80% of my max now. It also gives me an idea of how many calories I burn/week (I set a weekly goal) and how many hours I've worked out.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #3  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I just got mine but I love it. Just like rockstar it makes me push myself. For example I did Jillian's Frontside dvd but because she spends a lot of time talking and cueing you are waiting for the person to finish so the first time I only burned 215 calories. The next time I decided to exercise during the first set to learn the exercise and just move without stopping the additional 2 sets. It made a difference. I burned 91 more calories. Once I really learn the dvd I will burn more. I wouldn't have known that without my HRM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/154.6/130

Height: 5'4"

That is what I love about this watch. It really is a great motivation. I find the investment was well worth it I am trying to get my o2 level up because I am at 32 :/

Sometimes I do not believe my eyes after I work out when I see the number of calories burned and what my heart rate got up to.
Sarah Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I absolutely love mine. I usually get my running done on the treadmills at the gym and there I don't even have to wear the watch. Military gym, all of the treadmills, stairsteppers, ellipticals and bikes are made by LifeFitness, which is Polar heart-rate ready. My heart rate is constantly displayed without my groping for hand sensors.

If it's a nice day (rare here where I live in the usually frozen tundra), I'll wear the watch and run outside. Either way, it's been a boon for me.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #6  

I use the Polar F6 primarily when I'm doing high intensity interval training (HIIT) so that I can ensure I'm working out at optimal levels. LOVE IT!

Stay strong.

Peace.

Susan
susannyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #7  
FB

I love my HRM's. I have a Polar F4 for general workouts and a Garmin Forerunner 305 with a cadence thingy for biking. They push me a little bit harder and also inspire me. They're a great motivation to workout because both track my workouts online and I love seeing my progression, my stats and I'm a graph junky!

I'd credit both with turning my weight loss journey into a health journey. I started off just trying to get skinny and now, since getting into exercise I want to be totally fit. I wasn't so interested in exercise before getting them as I didn't have a nice way to track it.

Enjoy yours!

Last edited by FB; 06-25-2008 at 03:54 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #8  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Absolutely LOVE mine also. I use if for all the same reasons the gals mentioned above. It's been an invaluable tool for me when it comes to motivating me. My only regret is that I could have saved some $ and bought a cheaper model. I haven't ended up using the personal trainer programs on the F11 I bought. So the F6 would have been perfect...and smaller!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote