Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 03:18 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default I Need Video

About ten years ago when I bought my Lifecycle stationary bike it came with a vides that you played when you were "biking" It took you on several different rides and was very entertaining. Somehow I managed to loose that video. I am now recovering from knee replacement surgery and must ride the bike at least 30 minutes for the rest of my life, and it is the most [size=hugh]Boring[/size] thing I've ever done. Does anyone know where I can buy a simular video? I've looked the best I can, but have not had any luck.

I'd apprecieate any help you could give me
Old 03-03-2002, 01:40 PM   #2  

Amazon.com has some cycling videos, but the one you used to have may have been offered by the exercise bike manufacturer only.

The ones I found on Amazon were under VHS - fitness - then I did a search for "bicycle". If the search doesn't work, try looking for one of the titles it gave me: "Easy Cycler - Bicycle Tour Through the Southwest, a Guided Stationary Bicycle Workout" for $24.99.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-07-2002, 09:09 PM   #3  

Default Check Collage Video

I know in the past they've had scenic videos for biking and nordic track.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:23 AM   #4  

Hi! ageoldie

I listen to books on tape (you can rent them easily now) while I exercise. Sometimes on the treadmill at home, I just watch a regular video that I have been wanting to see. I think that I would get bored with the bike riding tapes.

asta
Old 03-08-2002, 09:06 PM   #5  
Hang In There

Default Thanks

for the idea. I do havew some books on tape I bought for road trips to listen to in the car. I never thought about listening to them while I exercise.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:36 PM   #6  

If your bike is iFit.com compatible you can buy tapes, music and video workouts at their website that automatically adjust the resistance of the bike with the program. I have these for my treadmill and like them a lot for variety. Don't know how they would work with other stationery bikes since the instructor usually just says something like "let's pick up the pace now", but doesn't tell you the settings to go to since they are automatic.

when I'm working out to regular TV without a program, I've tried to adopt someone's schedule of increasing the pace through commercials... they're just long enough to get your heartrate up and then you can go back to a normal pace during the show. Hope this helps!
Closed Thread