Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #1  

Default Bigger butt!? HELP!

So you've probably come to read this thinking "Uh oh, someone has a big butt and wants to lose weight from that area.". But that's not the case, haha. Actually I'm in the lower end of my diet with just a tiny bit of a gut left, but my butt is soooooo small!!! What can I eat and do to increase my butt size? I've heard things about cornbread before but I have noooo idea if that really works or not. I do lunges from time to time too, but do these really work? Please let me know. What else is there so I can get my butt on? :-D
Coryo61827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #2  

I think it has more to do with your own genetics and body type, but I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to "promote growth."
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

i would work to increase glute muscle mass -- lunges, etc. My friend swears that spinning made her butt bigger. I wouldn't try eating fatty foods and hope they land in the butt, though! Good luck! If all else fails, you can have some of mine. I have plenty to go around.
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #4  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

lol to this post, my friends call me hank hill, and flat oh well cant win em all!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

It's time to start building muscle. My butt has gotten higher and rounder since I started lifting weights. It's a much better butt. My prescription is deadlifts and lunges and squats (just to round things out) and step ups.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

My friend had the same complaint. She's always been a thin person and had a flat butt. She started adding lunges and saw a small improvement, but when she started running she said her butt "lifted" and is rounder now. I didn't believe it, I always thought running/jogging made your muscles leaner and tighter...but it's true...she made me look and her butt definitely is more of a booty now than it used to be.

I'm with shrinkinglizzy on the booty-contribution too! You definitely can have some of mine!
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My husband didn't have a flat butt BUT he was still having trouble filling out the backside of his pants. He started doing kettelbells (which involves a lot of squat movements) and his butt is growing. I have some kettlebell DVDs and I swear, every single person has a nice butt.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #8  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

I've heard that those stepper machines lift and round your behind. Maybe you can find one of those really small, low to the ground contraptions as opposed to actually purchasing a machine.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #9  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I do these leg lift things that I def feel in my butt and upper thighs when I am done. Maybe they would help? I will try to describe them...

Get on all fours on the floor
Lift your leg out to the side until it is parallel to your body
bring your knee towards your head until you feel a little tension
extend your leg out stright behind you
repeat

I hope that made sense. I have a massive butt, and I am trying to trim it down, but I wanna keep some of my booty, lol. So I do those and a few other leg lift type things and it seems to tighten that area up. I usually do like sets of 25 on each leg and then switch, and just do them until I can feel it really burning, lol.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/280/190

Height: 5'7''

Just wanted to add, I know what it's like!

The "cornbread" thing is just a joke, because having a big butt is kinda popular in the south I guess and women who are naturally prone to it, well if they gain weight fromt fatty foods it's going to their butt.

If I eat it it's going to my tummy and arms.

So it is what it is...it was decided when we were little fetuses what our bodies we're gonna look like. So without plastic surgery I could never have a body like Beyonce, or Kim Kardashian, or so on. And I hate that a lot but I've come to terms with it. Having a small butt is looked down on so much these days.

But do whatever else says and build up the muscle, it will make it round and firm which looks awesome. I've been doing squats and can definitely tell a difference.
CherryBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #11  

Ah wow, thank you all very much for all your input. I guess I'm going to be getting my lunges on, haha. Wish me luck! It's time for me to get my bootyliciousness on before summmer. Woot!
Old 04-05-2008, 05:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I always had the big butt of the family (in fact at one point my dad insisted that each cheek had its own gravitational pull lol - compared to two sisters and a mother who are "apples" and have no arse at ALL) but now it' a very high, rounded, perky butt and as with the other girls - squats, lunges, spinning, step ups, running etc...all worked tremendously well!

Squats however (weighted) saw the most significant improvement

I like me butt...we made peace with each other lol.

Last edited by Lyria; 04-05-2008 at 05:46 AM.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #13  

Hahahaha, Lyria, you crack me up girl!!! You nearly had my weight control oatmeal (banana bread flavor!!! ^_^) coming out of my nose!!! Haha. Own gravitational pull...priceless!!! You should name your two cheeks like you would moons of a planet. Like...one can be Utopia, and the other can be Petoria. :-D
Old 04-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

yeah, i think most anything with a stepping-up motion works the glutes more than just walking (works legs more than butt), though i swear walking has improved my butt some, anyway. mine has never been either noticeably large or too small, but i mean if you want to improve the appearance, all you can do is work those muscles and hope for the best.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #15  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

HA! Gravitational pull of the moons of planet ME? Nope- Unfortunately, I just have little asteroids. Sorry, I just couldn't help it
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote