Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 11:55 AM   #1  

Default power 90/ slim in 6

Hello everyone!
I'm sure everyone has seen the infomercial for power 90, the 90 day in home boot camp. Well, I was really interested in it, and it seemed realistical. I even researched some old threads on this site and a few people were successful with the program. However, this morning I saw an infomercial for an exercise program called "Slim in 6", where after 6 weeks you can lose pounds and inches. This program i sproduced and marketed by the same company (beachbodies.com) that sells power 90. It's supposed to be a faster version that helps to jump-start the weight loss process. I was just wondering if anyone has tried either of the two so I could get some feedback. I personally think that the power 90 program seems more realistical (compared to losing 20 pounds in 3 weeks). I am currently trying to go to the gym consistently, but it's hard. I'm a full-time college student and it's hard to find time to go. I would love to find something that I can do at home that works. I tried Tae-bo and I got bored after a few weeks. Someone help PLEASE! Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kyra
Old 03-07-2002, 09:14 PM   #2  

Default Check out Video Fitness

Video Fitness is a great place to start researching videos. From what I understand, the Power 90 tapes are nothing like what you see on the infomercial. The program is there and it's a decent one but production values aren't the best.

Personally I've had great luck with the Firm and Cathe Fredrich. Cathe really isn't for inexperienced exercisers though and you have to be careful which FIRM tapes you start with.
Old 03-11-2002, 01:40 PM   #3  

Thank you for your response! I kind of gave up on those tapes anyway. Today I started my Tae-BO tapes again, after dusting them off. I think those will be good enough and I have no excuse to not do them since I can always do it at home. I tried them before and got discouraged, but I won't let it happen this time.
Thanks again for responding, and good luck with your tapes!

-Kyra
Old 03-25-2002, 05:04 PM   #4  

Hi ,
I just received the Slim In 6 program and it is better then the Power 90 program that I ordered a while back. I love Debbie Siebers style and the video is better quality then the Power 90. If anyone else has purchased this program and would like to buddy up that would be great. I need all the motivation I can get.
Closed Thread