Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

Default weight training at home?

I keep hearing that you really need to be doing weight training to lose weight and get the body you want I'm just curiouse as to how to could do that at home. I don't drive so the gym isn't an option I also can't afford any expensive equipment. What can I do. Will just some dum bells work?

I also have another question, I do alot of lunges, leg lift type thing I've picked up from work out dvd's what are these type of exercises called? toning exercises?
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #2  

I can no longer afford the gym, so I am in a similar situation. I have some 3 lb. and 5 lb. hand weights that I use. Using these and doing lots of reps is good. I also have a ten pound weight that I can strap onto my leg to work my quads. If you can't afford any kind of weights at all, you can use large cans. However, if you can save up, it would be worth the investment to get some simple weights for home use. Good luck!
Summerrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Resistance bands might be an option for you. I've never used them, but I understand that they're cheap, effective and that they grow with you, unlike dumbbells.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

I have some 3lb dumbells and a 5lb ankle weight, thats about it, I can do quite a few different exercises with just these couple of things, I just don't feel like its enough.

I think I may try the resistance band idea? Anyone know if this is as good as using regular weights?
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #5  
Mel

Resistance bands and a stability ball would provide just about everything you need for a great workout. Take a look at the sticky here for some ideas about how to put together a workout.

In addition to using bands, there a lots of great body weight exercises. Pushups, pullups from various heights, step ups, lunges, jumps, etc.

Get creative!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote