Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #61  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Got up to 1.5 miles today on the treadmill. I felt better but not awesome. Feeling a bit out of shape to be honest, like I was puffing and panting like I did in the first month of running. It still felt good though!

Tomorrow is a walk day then Wednesday I will re-try 1.5 and see if my legs will take me any farther! I'm sort of happy hanging around 1.5 for a little bit, maybe all week! Just playing it safe.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the encouragement about my ugly leg pictures, guys!!

My legs really aren't THAT bad... In fact, it's just that inner thigh part that troubles me. The rest of them are developing quite well as far as muscles go, and I've been happy with them until I saw that jiggly bit in the pictures. Ugh.

No run today because of parent/teacher night, but I'll be back out at practice tomorrow. Not sure what we'll be doing, though.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #63  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

*slinking back in*

Hi ladies! Long time no chat.

Rachel - Conrats on your half, taking 20 min off your previous best is amazing.

Cat - You'll get back up to speed, just listen to your body and allow it to heal. You're doing what you can, which is great!

Lisa - Sounds like the coaching is going well.

I kind of got sucked into wedding maddness and didn't run for 2 weeks. I had out of town guests and multiple wedding related events going on for about a week, and there was the preparations and recovering, so it pretty much took me totally out of my routine, both eating and exersize. I can only imagine what will happen to me next spring when it's my wedding.

I'm always scared to start running again after a hiatus, like I will be right back where I started. Went out and took it easy for a 5 k on Saturday and did the same yesterday. I'm definitly feeling it more and I can tell I took some time off, but I can still do it.

Planning of doing a local race, the Zoo Run Run, on 9/23 so that will keep me motivated to get back to it!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #64  

Glad you're back, shananigans!!

Tonight I only got a 1/2 mile run in...which is like...nothing. But I was flying! We did intervals on the track at practice, and I skipped most of it because I was helping my husband time the kids and watching their form and all that (doing coachy things). At the end we did a different kind of workout that was sort of like a fartlek, and I ended up only catching the last two laps of it. I was pushing it on the sprints, though. Amazing how much a 4 or 5 minute workout can make you sweat when it's hard, fast running!! I'm working on the speed thing these days a little bit... not too much, but I'm starting to think about it.

Tomorrow we're making the kids do a 6-mile run. Woohoo!! I'm looking forward to getting a decent length run in during the week. It's hard to get them in when I run with the kids, because we usually do shorter runs.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Welcome back Shananigans! Wedding planning sounds like a pretty reasonable excuse to miss out on a few runs, at least you're getting back out there now. And a race is definitely a good way to scare yourself into training.

Apparently my speed racer persona (not!) is continuing...I ran 7 miles today, and posted a new record for me for the mile (got to hear Lance Armstrong congratulate me for it on my ipod, which is always nice). Not sure whether to chalk it up to the cooler weather, or whether this training stuff really is kicking in. Either way, it feels great!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #66  

Rachel, aren't good runs nice? I had a GREAT run this morning, 3 miles with one walk break. The whole thing was fast (for me), too! It was a hard run, but I was up to it, and that felt good. Came back, grabbed the dogs for their 1 mile walk, just finishing up breakfast now and off to work.

I have 2 bikes and a swim before my 5K on Sunday. I'll be running with DD in the stroller, so won't be setting any records, but I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great day everybody.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #67  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Good runs are fantastic - I had one tonight. With marathon training I haven't really done anything fast recently, but decided to do something faster and shorter tonight - I managed 7.2 miles at sub 8 minute mile pace and felt great the whole way round

Before my last marathon I raced a lot more than I've done before this one, so I haven't really had any way to guage my progress, but that run's given me real confidence that maybe I'm in pretty decent form at the moment.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #68  

I'm so glad everyone's having good runs! I had a good, easy run with the cross country team tonight. We had them run six miles, which is longer than our usual runs, and they did really well! Some of the fast kids did seven miles. It felt good, but it's becoming VERY obvious to me that my shoes are dead. I got new ones but they had to order a bigger size, so I have to pick them up this week.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #69  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Default It must be running karma....

Even I had a good run tonight.

It must just be the home treadmill that is holding me back. I have had a horrible time the past week. Sucking wind at two minutes (?!), sweating like a pig, total energy failure....until tonight.

I ran 1.29 and my legs got tight. Walked a bit and finished with another .7. It is not going to set the world on fire, but it has me back on track. Now that I know the mileage (new route), I know I can do the two easily, and probably more. I was doing so well, I did not want to risk injury. My hamstrings are like cables after weeding for a few hours yesterday.

Baby, we were born to run......
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #70  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I did NADA today and it felt sooooo gooooood.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #71