Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Default Exercise Question

I have been on WW for 10 weeks. My question is this, just before I went to my Ww meeting I did a 20 minute power walk. Well when I got to my weigh in I was only doen 1 lb. I wondered if exercising just before you weigh will impact the number on the scale? I have been pretty consistant with 2 or more lbs. per week and haven't cheated so feel sure that the walking before weigh made a difference. Does anyone know if that is true?

Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Well, after a cardio work out, I'm usually a little lower from sweat loss (if it was a good hard workout)

But no matter what, you have to remember that weight loss does not progress in a linear fashion -- you can do the same things and lose some weeks, stay the same or gain! The scale doesn't just measure the fat you want to lose, but ALL of you. So if you were retaining water for whatever reason, the scale may show a slightly lower loss.

Keep your long term goals in mind and don't worry so much about the scale week to week, especially if you're sticking to your plan! Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #3  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I agree. Weight loss isn't linear and you can't expect that you're going to see the exact same loss every week. There are so many other factors that could be impacting what you see on the scale. It's that TOM, you ate something salty (I once gains 3 lbs from a single bowl of miso soup), your diet is a little different this week, it's hot and humid out, etc. etc.

My weight is also usually down after I workout from sweating so much, but if you were sweating a lot so that your clothes were wet, that might cause your weight to be up a bit.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #4  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRowe View Post
I have been on WW for 10 weeks. My question is this, just before I went to my Ww meeting I did a 20 minute power walk. Well when I got to my weigh in I was only doen 1 lb. I wondered if exercising just before you weigh will impact the number on the scale? I have been pretty consistant with 2 or more lbs. per week and haven't cheated so feel sure that the walking before weigh made a difference. Does anyone know if that is true?
Tiffanie
You might be hitting a plateau.If for a couple of weeks in a row you are loosing little amounts,you might want to try the Wendies Plan.I swear by it.It works and boosts your metabolism.But the slower you loose it,the longer it will stay off.
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

This is my second time around on WW and the last time I did very well (lost 103 lbs.) but then became pregnanat with our first child and gained most of the weight back. I totally agree with you on the Wendi plan. I have done it since I found her site. It really does work and helps to keep me on track. Thanks for the info I guess we will see how things pan out this coming weigh in. BTW I lost 4 lbs. even last week.
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If you took a walk right before a weigh in, you can't physically weigh more than when you started the walk (where would the extra weight come from?) Yes, you can sweat, but that is just water transferred from your insides, onto your outsides (and at least some of it would have evaporated).

However, if after that walk, you drank a nice large 16 oz glass of water, there could be your pound (most of which would disappear again, within about 20 to 30 minutes when you use the potty).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote