Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:30 AM   #1  

Unhappy help me if u can... need 2 go bak.

hi im new here.....
i wanted some help.... i have started excersisin and dietin a week back.... but havent lost enough weight for a week... is it me... or i dont understand... i really need 2 loosse it... i was 48 kg once upon a time im 65 kg NOW... i want 2 go back 2 normal.... im feelin very demotivated for now.... i have just 2 and a half months in hand,,,gonna get engaged... please help....
sona1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It takes more than a week. Diet and exercise together will be more effective than doing only one . It will not happen overnight. Do you have a food and exercise plan?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #3  

ya bargoo.... thanks... i do have an excersise plan.... i do dance body workout... of the dvd stuff.... and i try maintain my caliore count around 1000 a day... try eating healthy when ever i fell hungry.... i guess u right.... i have 2 wait and give it a week... but im just so deperate now.....
Old 07-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gonna take more than a week.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Not only will it take more than a week, but a safe weight loss is about 2 pounds per week. At higher weights, you can easily lose more per week safely though. However, you may not even get ANY results for a week or so, while your body adjusts.

That said, 1,000 calories per day is under the recommended safe amount of 1,200. You can ALSO be eating too FEW calories, which may make you hang onto weight.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #6  

so should i start eatin more..... but when i do i feel awful... feel like i am cheating.... i need 2 loose and not put on.... always have a guilt after i eat....
Old 07-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/184/110

Height: 5'2"

Sona -

Just my opinion here, FWIW... you need to change the way you view food. Don't feel guilty because you're eating... you need to eat to sustain yourself. Eat to live, don't live to eat. 1,200 calories a day is a healthy way to go... go below that, and you can send your metabolism into a tizzy and you'll actually hang onto weight. They key is not that you are eating, but WHAT you are eating... NEVER miss breakfast, and break your meals down into 5 or 6 mini-meals a day, including lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I don't know how much you have to lose, but whatever the amount, it didn't get there overnight, and it's not going to go away overnight either. Slow and steady is the key to not only losing weight safely, but also to keeping it off.

Good Luck!
Loriannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Yup, what Loriannc said, change how you view food. Maybe pay more attention to your calorie DEFICIT instead of intake. You can use Fitday.com if you don't already, to track your activity level and food intake. That will give you a basis of calories in vs. calories out, so you can see how many calories you burn than you take in on a daily basis. With 3,500 calories being 1 pound, Fitday shows a bed bound individual burns over 1,600 calories a day just living. If you're more active, you can burn more like 2,500 per day. And if you exercise regularly, you can bump that number up even further. So if you eat say 1,500 calories, you'd STILL have a 1,000 calorie a day deficit. After 3.5 days, you should have lost a pound. One week...2 pounds.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #9  

hey loriannc thanks a lot... i will try eating often.... i do eat vegiies... so i guess im okiie there.... i just do 1 hour of exercise... so should i like increase tht... so there is more calorie burnin.... i need 2 get red of the flabs.... thnks for the support and motivation.. i so appreciate it...
Old 07-19-2007, 11:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/184/110

Height: 5'2"

No problem Sona... happy to help.

I see you're doing an hour of exercise... that's great! Remember that it's not just the amount of exercise you do, but the intensity level as well. So, as it gets easier to do something, step it up and do either more reps, or add more weight... put a little more umph!! in your stride when you walk or run... keep reaching to do just a little bit more... and you'll do just fine!!

You'll have your good weeks and your bad weeks... sometimes it's just a matter of your body being in a state of flux... shake it off if you don't do as well as you want to on a given week, and just keep moving forward... one foot in front of the other! Two weeks ago my scale told me that I had lost only 1/10th of a pound, after having busted my butt all week long. As you can imagine, I was plenty ticked off... wanted to toss my scale right out the window, I did. But I hung in there, and by the time I weighed in a week later, I had lost another 3 pounds. So don't let the bad weeks get you down.

Last edited by Loriannc; 07-19-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Loriannc is offline   Reply With Quote