Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #31  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Ok today is my last run (I have yet to do it, waiting for hubby to come home) and I am freaking out looking ahead in the training schedule. I have made it so far and I am sure I will most likely do fine next week as well but beyond 3 minutes of jogging and I think I might die! I am worried I won't be able to hack it beyond this week. I guess if it's that big of a thing, I can repeat week 3 twice until I am in better shape.

I must say though, I went to a really old water park yesterday that was build on the side of a huge hill and I carried my 40+ pound three year old almost all day (the ground was black asphalt, real smart!) and other than sore feet from no shoes, I did awesome. Three weeks ago I probably would have had a heart attack on those hills haha. So it's making me fitter albeit slowly.

For those of you in the later weeks of the program, how hard is it from week to week? Was there a particular week where it was a huge drastic change? I am praying my body just does what it's told to do and I can live with being sore or tired!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #32  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi cakses

Honestly? I remember being TERRIFIED of running three minutes, and it WAS hard... then even the THOUGHT of five minutes had me shaking... read back on my posts if you don't believe me!

But then, all of a sudden, week five came. I expected it to kill me - I'd extended weeks 2, 3 and 4... and it was hard, but GOOD. NOT impossible!!! Today I did day 1 of week 6, and I am feeling really STRONG. This isn't killing me after all!

Extend if you need to, and then all of a sudden, your body will be THANKING you for the hard work - I swear, if this can be true for me, it can be true for ANYONE!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #33  
Starting Over

Well I am hoping my legs just keep moving. I think I can handle 3 minutes at a time especially since it's 90sec/90sec/3min/3min - that I can do. I just think week 4 looks impossible haha. We'll see I guess. I hope it works out and my legs don't turn to jello!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:07 AM   #34  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Well I'm not sure how it fits into Ct5K but I did 20 mins this morning alternating 1 min run with 1 min walk. It felt great!!! So this is going well. I do things my way because I have a watch which will beep at intervals for me, and I can't program in more than 4, so it's easiest to just up the running minutes and keep the walkng at 1. I did run a bit longer in one interval so I could make it to the railway crossing before the train, but otherwise I kept pretty much to the 1:1. Yay.

I hope it's going well for everyone. It's going to be another hot one today.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #35  
Starting Over

Today was Day 1 of week 3 and OUCH!!! I took 2 days off this weekend and apparently that was too many. I am sore again. I almost didn't make the first 3 minutes because I was so sore but I barrelled through it and made the entire set. Phew!

This is going to be a hard week emotionally for me with my husband leaving for Iraq, so I am hoping to channel whatever emotions come at me to the treadmill and leave them there so my kids get a less depressed Mommy.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #36  
Starting Over

day 3 (second run) of week 3. another ouchie! hoping i make it through this week and don't have to repeat it. the 3 minute runs are really hard on me. i can do the 90 second ones no problem but i am struggling to make it to 3 minutes. i am worried about next week.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #37  
Heather 2.0

Cakses - there is absolutely nothing wrong with repeating a week, or even a day or two of that week before moving on. I was told on here when I started that C25K moves along faster than some other running programmes.

I repeated weeks two and three and now I am at the end of week six - it does get easier, but let your body adjust - I'd HIGHLY recommend repeating - at leats until it doesn't HURT.

Good luck! You're doing SO great!!

Heather
Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #38  
Heather 2.0

Bah - well, there you go. Rotten run this morning It should have been day 1 of Week 7, but I only managed 15 minutes running instead of 25. I have been very tired this week, so I'm sure the weekend will be better! But there it is - some days it is easier to run than others! Although my breathing wasn't laboured, my shins hurt a bit now, and that's unusual for me. Need to rest my rebelling bod, methinks!

Heather
Old 07-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #39  
Getting there...

Heather - I wimped out on my run this morning too - was back MUCH earlier than usual - even DH commented on it. I just wasn't into it. Of course the HOT weather could have something to do with it, I'm sweating just typing this. Is it hot in ON too?

We'll be at it again soon,
Jax
Old 07-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 196.5/ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Default May I join you? Week 2 of Ct5K

I've been trying to get my pregnancy weight off, and though I've never liked jogging before, I thought I'd give Ct5K a whirl since jogging is such an efficient way to burn calories. I've enjoyed reading your posts, and am glad I'm not the only one who's nervous when I look ahead at the schedule

I do most of my workouts around the yard when I can get both my 2yo and 4month old sons to nap. I started Wk2Day1 yesterday, and though the 90 second segments were a little tough, I was thrilled that I did it. I added another half hour of walking and interspersed a few very short jogs at the end, to keep my heart rate up and burn some more calories while I could grab the time.

I try to get stroller walks in on my "off" days, but the boys don't always cooperate... and I've bought Jari Love's 3 pack of DVDs and am trying to gird myself for doing "Get Ripped" 3 days a week. I'm most interested in doing the weight work right after a c25k workout, when my endorphins are pumping, but I know I need to do it on alternate days, to avoid overdoing it.
Leeza155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #41  
Getting there...

Leeza, I've been doing Jari Love's workouts for a few weeks now. I LOVE them. I have two - the original Get Ripped! and Ripped to the Core. They are both quite different and I usually alternate them but occasionally do the same one twice in a row. I upped my weights for many exercises yesterday and can still feel it this afternoon.

I find the original DVD is mostly resistance, but some of the exercises in RTTC are pretty good cardio too, albeit for shorter time than running. So I do the Ripped on MWF and the running TThSa (except this morning when I wimped out in the heat! ) I do really like doing the workouts - no complex moves and easy to follow, with plenty of increase workload adaptations for later on.

Welcome to the group and have fun exercising,
Jax
Old 07-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #42  
Starting Over

Today is an no run day and I am just dying with a sinus cold and I can' get motivated to drive to the gym. Ugh. Maybe I will just do my walking video later on and some strength exercises or something. I have no problem driving to the gym on my run days but the other days I can't seem to get it together.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 196.5/ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Heather - it may have been a rotten morning from your perspective, but I'm full of awe at 15 minutes running!

Cakses - sorry to hear about your sinus infection - total bummer for working out.

Jax - thanks for the welcome, and the encouragement on JL's dvds. I did a long walk yesterday and was too pooped, but I'm vowing to start doing them at least twice a week starting next week.

Did Wk2Day2 today, plus some extra walking at the end. Boy, 90 seconds feels like a long time. I'm worried I won't progress to next week very well, but like that I learned from your experiences to keep with it, and to repeat a week if necessary.
Leeza155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #44  
Starting Over

I finished the 3rd run today, but it was indoors in my home and not conducive to running so I am sure it wasn't the normal pace I go at if I am outside or on a treadmill. I made it through the 3 minutes fine though - must be the slowing down makes it somewhat easier or I had to pay attention to my kids and not the stopwatch. At any rate, come Monday I am moving on to week 4 and hoping for the best! I can't believe at this time next week I will have been doing this a month!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:38 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Hi ladies, I am on day 2 of week 1 and I can't imagine at all doing 90 seconds since I'm about to give out on the 60 seconds. I hope it will get better for next week! I've been waiting to start this for awhile, but I had to get either a treadmill or a jogging stroller first and since we can't afford a good treadmill, the jogging stroller was our only choice. I have it now and can't wait to become a full-fledged runner!
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote