Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #1  
Jen

S/C/G: 138/128/115

Height: 5'1

Cool exercise routine

Hey everyone! I'm new here to the forum. I had my little girl Nov. 2004 and lost 50lbs in 4 months and got back to my prepregnancy weight. I've gained 20lbs in 2 years and I'm ready to get back to my old clothes again! My goal is to walk 4-7 days a week and do pilates or another dvd 3-4 times a week. Right now I walk a mile a day. How many miles does everyone walk a day? How many days a week do you exercise to a video,etc?

Thanks,
jen
lexismommy0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Hi Jen,

Welcome! I think you'll find that everyone here has a different sort of routine. My two cents (if you're after advice) is that the amount of time you spend exercising is more important than the number of miles you walk or run. I'd say a minimum of 30 minutes of at least medium intensity cardio (ie, you're sweating and breathing a little heavily but can still speak) 5 days a week is necessary--for life and for weight loss

My routine is pretty basic: I do 45 minutes of cardio (at the gym) 5 days a week, and I lift weights 4 or 5 days a week too. When I was trying to lose weight more intensively, I'd do an hour of cardio 6 times a week. Mostly I use the elliptical runner, but I use the treadmill once or twice a week just to mix things up.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote