Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #1  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Talking Valentine's Day Challenge

I know that I am a slow starter! Valentine's Day is a Month away. Anyone want to join a Valentine's Day Challenge. You select your own goal, how many times you wnna work out, distnce, minutes, etc. and post it here. Check in daily and let everyone know how you are doing.

My Starting weight: 227
My current weight: 220.2 lbs
My goal weight: 155 lbs.
Pounds to go: 65

Valentines’ day challenge: To work out 15 minutes a day everyday until Valentine’s Day. That is 480 minutes.

Not a very aggressive goal, I know. I am a single Mother of 4 children. I don’t have a lot of time for me. Every other time I tried to make a challenging goal, I would quit because I could never work out the hour a day I would set for myself. So since I am starting from scratch yet again…I have set my goal extremely low. There is absolutely no reason I can not get in 15 minutes of workout time a day. My theory is after I get moving for those 15 minutes I will want to do more, and that has proven correct thus far.

Day 1. I felt absolutely awful, but I made myself work out. I did the 15 minute walk with no problem.

Day 2. I felt even worse but I put in my 2 mile walking DVD and told myself I could quit after the first mile. The first half mile was rough. I probably should have stopped. I kept getting dizzy, but I stuck it out and by the end of the 2 miles I felt much better. I even got all my housework done!

Day 3. I put in the 2 mile walking DVD. I did the entire half hour and then put in a 15 minute Denise Austin Core and buns workout on the ball. I completed 45 minute workout and wanted to keep going, but stopped myself since it’s 10:00 at night.

90 minutes of working out leaves 390 to goal!

The Leslie Sansone walking workouts made me realize just how weak I have become. They used to be boringly (is that even a word?) easy. They are still kinda boring but there are parts of them that are challenging. A testament to what a marshmallow I have become! I gotta do better.

However, I am starting this slowly this time. I am not pushing myself too hard. I am going to work my way into this instead of jumping into it with both feet. Slow and steady wins the race, and I am going to win this one.

Slim By Summer!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote