Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 01:56 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Oxycise #31 "A Fresh Start"

we are a group of deep breathers trying to stay focused on being healthy. Most of us are using the Oxycise program, some are using Body Flex or Life Breaths. It doesn't matter, This thread is for you.
Old 08-20-2001, 01:57 PM   #2  
Hang In There

I got up early today and did Oxycise level 2. It really felt good, it's been about a month since I've O'd. Got to get back in the habit, my energy is drooping. How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-20-2001, 02:08 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone!

Barbg-I did Level 2 this morning too! Yippee. It sure does feel good. I'm also challenging myself to do exercise on another thread (All Walkers/Ellipticals........). I'm hoping this will get me going to shed some inches and pounds. The O really helps to jump start my morning. I hope others will join us too! I'm with Barb about all types of breathers out there. Whatever you do lets get together and keep each other going! Thanks Barbg for starting this thread!

See you all later!
Old 08-20-2001, 11:19 PM   #4  

Hi!

I've been on a plateau the last three weeks. I've still been eating the Living Well plan, but have been trying to get my thyroid regulated with the natural thyroid instead of the synthetic, and not sure of the strength to take yet--might need more. Also there has been the stress associated with my husband being in the hospital, then recuperating. (He's back at work as of today, though.) BUT perhaps one reason I haven't lost is that I haven't been doing my Oxycise! I did start up again today. I'm still doing Level one, as I can do it from memory, and I have a time of it when I try to run the VCR since we have digital cable. One of these days I'll figure it out smoothly and try Level two again!

Hope we can all stick with it this time. I know I need to!!

Nancy
Old 08-21-2001, 01:34 PM   #5  

Hi everyone!

Nancy-It's great to see you're still out there! I'm glad your husband is doing better. I can understand why you had a hard time with losing weight while you were going through your husband's recovery. Stress just doesn't help with losing weight at all. I know I'm speaking from experience! But anyway O will sure help you get back on track. I've been doing my Level 2 for the past few days and feel a difference in my energy level already. I'm so glad you're back with us. I hope you can post more often now!

Barbg-How's it Oeing? I hope it's going okay for you. I managed my L2 this morning. I'm also doing the nine minute body flex workout when I don't have time for a full O workout. Some of the workouts run about 20 minutes. Post when you can!
Old 08-21-2001, 08:45 PM   #6  
Hang In There

Default Me too.

I did level 2 this morning too. I seem to be able to do that one easier than any of the others. I still haven't gotten the burst of energy that I usually get when I O. Maybe it'll come soon.
Old 08-22-2001, 12:56 AM   #7  

Hi!

I didn't get much sleep last night, but I did get my Oxycise in this morning. HOpefully the pounds will start to go down now. My husband has been losing without any exercise, etc, but it seems that men can lose a lot easier than we can! (And the doctor says he MUST lose.)

It's 10 pm and I need to get some sleep!!!!

Nancy
Old 08-22-2001, 03:28 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to say I did my L2 this morning. I'm starting to feel so much better now that I'm Oeing again. Take care.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:12 PM   #9  

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that I did my O this morning. It seems I'm always somewhat rushed in the morning, though, but it still is the best time.

Hope everything is going well for you.

Nancy
Old 08-24-2001, 01:40 PM   #10  

Can someone please educate me as to what Oxycise is? New to the weight loss game and haven't exercised ever until this summer. Haven't heard about this yet.

Thanks,
Mickey
Old 08-24-2001, 10:52 PM   #11  

Hi, Mickey!

Oxycise is a deep breathing exercise done in different positions. It takes about 15 minutes a day, and can do wonders! You can learn more about it at www.oxyciseplus.com, where you can find lots of success stories to whet your interest. And be sure to rean Shawn Zimmerman's story. Just his pictures will encourage you. He lost 210 lbs, and, although he did diet, Oxycise was his form of exercise, and he's thrilled with it.

I'm also signing in that I did do my Oxycise this morning before I left for work. It's good to be back in the routine. Weekends are harder, though.

Nancy
Old 08-25-2001, 11:36 AM   #12  
Hang In There

I've just made a discovery!!! If I don't do my O when I first get up in the morning, I just never get around to doing it. I did great until Wed when I got up and started doing things around the house (have to clean up before the cleaning people get there ) So Wed night got there and I never thought about O until I got up Thursday morning. I o'ed Thursday, but yesterday I was busy getting ready for the doctor and here it is Saturday and still no O.

The good new is I was down about 11 pounds since my physical last year and about 30 pounds since I started going to this doctor in summer of 98.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keep on O'ing
Old 08-26-2001, 08:31 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had or are having a great weekend. Mine always goes by so fast. I'm sorry I haven't posted until now but work was so busy this week it was difficult and I hate posting from home with my slow server. However it seems to be moving pretty good right now so I'm in luck!

Nancy and Barbg-You both are doing great! I know it's hard to fit in O sometimes but it does help with the energy and the inch loss. Sometimes it just takes a little longer. I'm glad you are both hanging in there with me! Barbg congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up.

I managed to do O every day this week. I'm really happy about that. Also someone asked me if I had lost weight. That was really great. I seem to lose first in my face.

Mickey-Nancy gave you great info. The Oxycise website is a great place for information. I hope you'll try it and join us here!

Okay everyone keep Oeing and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:10 AM   #14  

Default Sunday

Hi!

I guess I need to confess.

I didn't do my Oxycise yesterday or today. As Barb says, if you don't do it first thing in the morning it usually doesn't get done.

Yesterday we drove to Mexico (200 miles each way), through Yuma, to get some prescription drugs. By the time we got back we were bushed. (Left about 7 AM)

Today was church at 8 AM, then grocery shopping, etc, and I never did get my O done. I know I'll do better tomorrow, though. I will have to admit it's easier during the week!

Talk to you all later.

Nancy
Old 08-27-2001, 02:54 PM   #15  
Hang In There

I guess I'll have to be your cheerleader!

I had full intentions of getting up and doing my O first thing this morning and then heading off the the health club, but my husband is having another one of his "spells" really sick, high fever, combination of chills and more chills. It's an invection he gets in his legs. But to make this story shorter, I got up and found out he was sick (it comes up on him with no warnings) so I had to get dressed and come to work early because our son is out of town on vacation.

Rose Isn;t it funny. I can do O for about a week and the scales and measuring tape do not move a bit, but people start commenting on how I "look" like I've lost weight.

Nancy I guess if maybe we can keep it up on the weekdays maube the weekends will come along eaiser. You Think?

Dera Lord,
So far today, God, I"ve done all right...I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I havent'f been grumpy, greedy, nasty, selfish, or self-indulgent.
I'm very thankful for that. But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed....and from then on, I'm going to need a lot of help!
Amen
Closed Thread